Puzzle idea

The art, story, and musical aspects of age creation live here!

Puzzle idea

Postby zeke365 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:50 pm

I been thinking of this puzzle for weeks now. Its rather small one.

Basically you come to this desk and there these cabinet doors above and are divided into 3 sections. On the bottom are dni numbers. Your job is to line up the dni numbers withe the cabinets doors. The catch is each door will only stay open for so long. So basically you have to figure out the combination to this puzzle while keeping the doors open. Behind it is a linking book to a new age.

to tell me what you think. Have not work out everything but just a basic idea here.
zeke365

Re: Puzzle idea

Postby dendwaler » Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:16 am

I suppose you have a drawing of the situation?
I do not understand it from the text alone.
How are the doors divided? where is it you have to line up numbers?
Are the numbers objects or textures?

Can it be done using alcscript ?
Is it just an idea or do you have been thinking about how to code this?
may be i can implement it in " my little age" , because i have three doors somewhere.
if i only had a better understanding of what you mean.
and do you want others to use your idea, or do you want it for an age of your own.
Those wonderfull Worlds are called " Ages" , because that is what it takes to build one.

Watch my latest Video Or even better..... watch the Cathedral's Complete Walkthrough made by Suleika!
dendwaler

Re: Puzzle idea

Postby zeke365 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:39 am

I was trying to draw a picture but could not I draw something later. This is what I have been thinking for an age. Basically you arrive on this dessert like path with river flowing beside you to your right. To left is this big maze in which consist of five puzzles. Each puzzle with give you a letter and a note describing the person journey or the history itself. At the end you will have one last puzzle. You must connect those five letters to this ki imager. The the a saying will appear. "The Barho are coming."
Whats interesting about this age is that no map will be provided. The explorer will have to have to map his way around the maze. The letters will be in dni to make it little tougher and you must guess in which order the letters go. I'm still working on story. what you think of the concept? I know last idea I did not describe it well so hopefully this is better and I will do better next time. Plus each puzzle in the maze (which is one big puzzle) is based on how door open and the different ways doors can be opened.
This age is inspired by The book of Dni, Rhem, and an age in Myst III Exile.
zeke365

Return to Art and Story