New Age Journal

The art, story, and musical aspects of age creation live here!

New Age Journal

Postby redkat85 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:43 pm

I've come across an Age that could use some restoration. I'm only just beginning to work on it, but here is the first page of my Journal, just to get the ball rolling:

This Age of Contemplation at once soothes and perplexes me, in a delightful way that I have come to expect from the Garden Ages. I first Linked to an alcove prepared for that purpose, akin to the one in Eder Gira. The comparison is even more appropriate given the proximity of the link in point to running water – including a waterfall, no less!

Water is definitely a theme for this Age. The entire garden has a flooded appearance (though it’s clearly by design, not an accident). Foot bridges wide enough for two people arc gently over the watercourse that flows between all the small land bodies within the garden walls, so that while a swim might be enjoyable on a warm day, it is not required to get around.

The towering cliffs surrounding the alcove are banded, suggesting a sedimentary origin; and the blues and greens present in the bands suggest a mineral content that would be exotic back on Earth. The garden is enclosed fully on three sides, with a wide, v-shaped opening to the south allowing a view of open sky and sea beyond – this area must be either coastal or else a true island. It is difficult to say from within the garden. Perhaps some climbing is in order.

The center focus of the Garden is clearly the Obelisk, an impressive piece of stonework suspended above the central island by a mechanism which escapes me at the moment. Its slow rotation marks thoughtful time for any visitors to the garden. The Garden as a whole is generously sized, but made more intimate by the rise and fall of the hills (or islands, I suppose either term would be appropriate). The overhang of the willow-like trees in several places provides further privacy, should it be wished.
redkat85

Re: New Age Journal

Postby Rhee » Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:34 pm

sounds lovely! looking forward to hearing more.
MOULa 2.0: Rhee - 1544785 Gehn Shard: Rhee - 16214

No bahro were harmed or enslaved in the making of this Age.
Rhee

Return to Art and Story