Various concepts

The art, story, and musical aspects of age creation live here!

Various concepts

Postby Yali » Tue Oct 02, 2007 8:25 am

Various concepts. The shrooms are for an Age idea of mine, which I've named Odema.

Lamp designs. The one on the right can either be planted in the ground or hung by a rope.

Lantern and bird design. The other is an abstract experiment of mine.

Portable cannen.

Knife design of mine.

The "Bunt".

D'ni post

Another D'ni post.

Totem

Pedestal (although specifically designed for the book room of K'veer)
Yali

Re: Various concepts

Postby Nadnerb » Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:31 pm

I really like these concept drawings. :D

So much, in fact, that I just had to model them. :P

So now I have this little wooded hollow thing.
I doubt it's much like your age concept, but I just thought you might like to see some of that in 3D :)

(the actual picture is really big, try 'view image' to see the whole thing)
Live KI: 34914 MOULa KI: 23247 Gehn KI: 11588 Available Ages: TunnelDemo3, BoxAge, Odema
Nadnerb

Postby Justintime9 » Thu Oct 04, 2007 3:53 pm

Wow! u're reeely talented!!! do u secretly work for cyan? lol, ya i wish i could model like that... o well, maybe someday, after i master Blender.
Justintime9

Postby Yali » Thu Oct 04, 2007 5:19 pm

OMG! Thank you! This is a dream come true!

I believe I am peering into the first created area of Odema!

This is so awesome, and because this render has such potential, I'm going to describe my vision of Odema and make this the official Odema thread!

(could someone change the thread title?)

Here goes:

Link in area

A little grove/clearing in the midst of a wood - In front of you and facing west is a big willow tree, the trunk of which hosts an enormous dark brown shitaki-like mushroom, providing a shelter. At the base of the trunk and directly under the head of the mushroom is a small wooden door, crudely fastened with rusted hinges to a frame embedded in the mushroom's organic grip. The door has the grid like symbol from here http://www.maj.com/gallery/Yali/Myst-Ur ... detail.jpg built into it out of a golden metal in its center. The door is locked

(Inside the hut is a dwelling of mine, and a door that leads to the above hollow where a linking book can be found and bring you back to the Age you departed from. You must find a key on another Age of mine)

Dead Path

Walking west through the wood from the "shitaki grove", a fork in the path is present. Turning right and thus going north-west, you arrive at a dead end - a dense area characterized by a mossy rock densely covered by the "tall" shrooms (from above), of all different colors - red, blue, yellow, and green, and even a few purple. The rock ends abruptly giving way to a drop, a possible passage quickly halted by the thick forest following it.

Bridge

Continuing south west, you cross a bridge over a large stream. Under the bridge is a lantern with a key hidden on its inside.

Tomb

North of the willow tree hut, a path leads to a pentagonal stone tomb. Within it at its center lies a stone sarcophagus decorated with intricate African/Moroccan influenced carvings.

Garden Cabin

By the stream there is a small wooden cabin containing a wide variety of flora found throughout the Age, ranging from mushrooms to flowers, to small trees. The cabin has no interior lighting, it's simply just a warehouse of sorts for plant life.

Cliffside

Going right from the link in spot, you arrive at a cliff. A path takes you along the cliff's edge allowing you to walk by the edge of the forest, characterized by tall white-barked trees housing nests of various birds and a mossy floor of mushrooms and other vegetation which are slightly hidden within the shadows of the woods.

Pumpkin Wood

Two paths take you through a small wood of twisted pumpkin-trees not unlike the huts found on Tay - squat and ragged contorted trees hosting a variety of large orange, yellow, and green pumpkins of all shapes, sizes, and designs. Both paths twist and turn sharply before letting you off into more normal woods.

Glow Shroom Hill

A path going up a hill of dead tree stumps surrounded by an enormous amount of greenery, leaves you off on a grassy field at the top of the said hill. The field is dotted with short, wide, and grey glow shrooms - mushrooms that at night light up to a soft white glow. Further down the shroom laden field, there is a small pentagonal hut similar in style to the one on Rime, which appears to be made out of dried mushroom material. Smaller, and taller than its width, but not by much, the hut harbors a bunch of junk, and a journal. You can open the door with the key you found earlier.
Yali

Postby Nadnerb » Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:18 pm

:shock: That's a lot of plantage! And that's really big!
This is a really cool concept. And at the same time I'm wondering what I've gotten myself into. :lol:

So.. to business.

I take it your map outlines a large plateau and the thick orange line is cliffs?
That would make the stream into a waterfall at the crossing point?
I'm not entirely sure where the link in point is on the map, is it the spot marked "Willow Hut"?
And finally, (for now) what is the scale on this thing? I'm hoping those paths aren't miles long. :?

Oh, and do you have any drawings of those pumpkin trees? Those sound fun. :D
Live KI: 34914 MOULa KI: 23247 Gehn KI: 11588 Available Ages: TunnelDemo3, BoxAge, Odema
Nadnerb

Postby Justintime9 » Fri Oct 05, 2007 5:07 am

Ya, it has great potential! the render kinda reminded me of Kadish, u know wat i mean?
Justintime9

Postby Yali » Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:59 pm

Ok, started a new thread.
Yali

Return to Art and Story