Good World Building Resource

The art, story, and musical aspects of age creation live here!

Good World Building Resource

Postby Tweek » Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:05 am

For those who are building worlds, or just Ages (which are still technically worlds). There are a couple of resources I use that you may find interesting.

1. r/worldbuilding - Some of you may know about Reddit, some may not. r/Worldbuilding is a subreddit dedicated to just what it is called. There are lots of story ideas, map building ideas and help on how, often overlooked things in Age building, work. Like plate tectonics, weather patterns, and where mountains should be situated.

2. Fantasy World Building Questions - This is an awesome little resource that raises all kinds of questions that can often be over looked. How would individual cultures be set up? How would you base them given their location? Food, mineral, water resources?. It covers a lot of points from the world, to resources, cultures and society structures to trade and commerce.

A well thought out world can go a great distance to adding more depth than story and graphics can bring.
Last edited by Tweek on Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Beneath - IC Blog.
Beneath: Ages of Tweek - FB Age Dev Page.
Tweek

Re: Good World Building Resource

Postby Nev'yn » Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:30 am

@Tweek: Thanks! this will also be helpful in my writing non-Age related stuff, as well.
KI# 14883206 | "The truth speaks for itself, I am just the messenger." -Lyta Alexander
(Note: Any comments or opinions, taken whole or in part, are mine and do not reflect the stance of GoMe.)
Nev'yn

Return to Art and Story