Concepts Available

The art, story, and musical aspects of age creation live here!

Concepts Available

Postby Calam » Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:16 pm

I'm trying to teach myself 3DSMax 2013 at the moment, while simultaneously keeping my grades up at University. So, naturally, it's going to be a while before I can produce any coherent models. However I really want to work on Ages right away as an outlet for my creativity.

That said, I've got lots of experience making models/concepts in Sketchup, and I'm also an artist. I'm willing to provide concept art for anyone or a small group who
1.) Has active Age-building skills and is able to realize their ideas in a visually satisfying manner
2.) Needs concept art to make something
3.) Actually wants to see something through to fruition.

I've spent lots of time working in groups that generate beautiful concepts, then hit the stage where they actually have to model, texture, and program the Age, and everything falls apart. I'm not interested in that. I'm interested in an Age-builder who wants to improve their skills via better concepts. I want to be a part of the Age-building process to the extent that I am able, if you will have me.'

I am primarily interested in people who are working on D'ni spaces or D'ni Ages.

I do actually have a complete model in Sketchup that needs only to be exported as an .obj to 3DSMax and someone else can texture/program it if they wish. It is a D'ni public school structure built into a rock pillar and a place to start:

And here are a few miscellaneous renders/drawings of other things:

Last edited by Calam on Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Calam

Re: Concepts Available

Postby Nev'yn » Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:54 pm

Will send a you PM sometime tommorrow.
KI# 14883206 | "The truth speaks for itself, I am just the messenger." -Lyta Alexander
(Note: Any comments or opinions, taken whole or in part, are mine and do not reflect the stance of GoMe.)
Nev'yn

Postby Sirius » Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:32 pm

Personally, I can only see the last two pictures. The others don't show up, even when clicking them.

But... WOW :shock: It's really good, especially the city one. It looks almost Cyan-made. I wish someone could model this, it would make a wonderful addition to D'ni (since we can only go to Ae'Gura, but not the city itself).

It's always good to have concept art artists, being able to model in Blender or Max doesn't mean you can come up with original ideas :(
Sirius

Postby Deledrius » Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:15 am

Those look great already, Calam. The models you have appear pretty good!
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby Calam » Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:26 am

Thanks guys. Is anyone else having trouble seeing all the images?
Calam

Postby tachzusamm » Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:00 am

Those concepts look really great. Nicely designed.
Calam wrote:Is anyone else having trouble seeing all the images?

Depends. Some hours ago they were all visibly to me, now they are all gone. Only text-links instead of images, leading to nowhere.
tachzusamm

Postby janaba » Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:16 am

Calam, I also get an error message: 'Error: Server not found' on all image links ... I tried it about 8 hours ago and still get the same messages ... :P
janaba

Postby Deledrius » Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:13 pm

They were all working when I posted previously.
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby Calam » Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:45 pm

Strange. I changed the image-hosting site and added a few more images. They should all be working now.
Calam

Postby janaba » Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:40 pm

Wow!!! Thank you, Calam!!! ... This is already a whole age or world!!! ... :P

What an awesome and impressive basis and foundation to work with for any talented age builder and designer looking for inspiring concepts ... I'd really love to explore such a world ... Thanks for the extra efforts and sharing, Calam ... :)
janaba

Next

Return to Art and Story