Airbora

The art, story, and musical aspects of age creation live here!

Re: Airbora

Postby Deledrius » Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:49 pm

dendwaler wrote:
Its not difficult to change from night sky into days sky with a small trick with visible regions.

Or just use animated skies with the day length as their cycle?

dendwaler wrote:we realy need more community projects instead of solo's

We really do. So much.
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby Ekoz » Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:36 pm

hello there! this project struck me as fascinating, so i made a proof-of-concept in minecraft since it's a fast way to hash out concepts like these. i made the map as true to your images as possible, and it came out feeling very nice and ethereal. this is definitely an idea that should get made, imo!

here are some images of the portions modeled directly after your drawings:
Show Spoiler

now, i had to guesstimate what the exact layout of this age would be, so this is what the entire complex ended up looking like:
Show Spoiler

the very long, curved rails are stand-ins for the zeppelins. they move quite a bit faster than i wish they would, since i picture zeppelin rides slow and smooth. i also added two little alcoves on two seperate islands. they're there so you can switch the time of day between dusk and dawn, the two major times shown in your concept art. since time in minecraft blazes by pretty quick, i ended up freezing time in this map; so you have to use the buttons if you want to switch between the dusk/dawn. lastly, the book you spawn in front of is supposed to be the link back to nexus, or wherever it is you link back to.

there are no puzzles, this is purely an attempt to capture your renderings and turn them into a crude 3-D environment.

Here is a download if you'd like to explore this proof of concept first hand: http://www.mediafire.com/download/wa4r1q34htulm5z/Airbora.rar. keep in mind you need to have a version of minecraft that can run the latest update to check this out; since this is made using a ton of invisible blocks only available in version 1.8. they're there to make sure you don't fall off :)

EDIT: oh wow, just realized how old this post was. erm...carry on, i guess. or; if someone has aaron's blessing to work on this concept, then feel free to tool around with this as well.
Ekoz

Postby Aaron47 » Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:55 am

Holy crap! I can't believe it's been this long since I've been here! Great work, Ekoz!!!!

I honestly gave up on the concept, thinking no one would want to take it on. I appreciate everything everyone has does thus far, but it feels damn good to see the Age, even in Minecraft form.
Aaron47

Postby Aaron47 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:39 am

Feeling kind of inspired, I decided to repaint Airbora, but this time with real paint....

I also posted a YouTube video of me painting it, if anyone's interested:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFCBlV9NfZg
Aaron47

Postby Ainia » Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:53 pm

Ooh, aah!! :D

BTW, Airbora is very similar to some of the Devokan Trust Ages on Kitely (especially Paislee Myrtle's works).
ImageImage
Ainia

Postby Aaron47 » Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:39 am

Here's another

I realize there are bound to be some similarities to other concepts, but my first painting of Airbora is about 5 years old. Uru inspired me to use a little imagination for that painting. It would be cool though to work with someone who can build Airbora as a usable Age.
Aaron47

Postby Ekoz » Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:12 pm

it's been a while since i was here myself!

as i stated so long ago, i don't really have time or know-how to make this an in-game reality. but i'm happy to see you back and excited!

like stated earlier; this is an age that should definitely inspire some creativity, especially now that cyan-sponsored fan content is in the pipelines.
Ekoz

Previous

Return to Art and Story