Several Age Concepts

The art, story, and musical aspects of age creation live here!

Several Age Concepts

Postby AtionSong » Thu Oct 04, 2007 5:23 pm

Here are four age concepts that I've had. I'm aware that I'm not the best artist in the room; the pictures and diagrams are more for reference than concept art.

This first age is based on the front yard of one of my friends - he has this magnificent tree that bends in the most unnatural way next to a beautiful lake. At this time of the year, the entire surface of the water is covered with leaves from the tree. It's a really stunning sight, especially right at dusk. That's the idea/feeling that this age is trying to convey. It's main feature is the tree next to the lake and a small wooden cabin. The age only has sunlight for 30 minutes per day - the rest it is lit my one of two eerie moons, which both rise and set at different times.

The age is sort of used as a "portal" age. The concept is that it's a personal age that was created for a writer, just as a place to chill out, appreciate the beauty of nature, and write. The cabin only contains a heater (powered by a small solar generator outside the cabin), a desk with the necessary instruments to write D'ni books and journals, a bookshelf, and a fishtank (pets to keep busy). The desk would always contain the journal about the latest age that the character is writing, and the bookshelf would contain all written linking books and previous journals.

I haven't completely finalized the puzzle design for this age yet, but the main concept is that the age consists of five islands connected by an underground/underwater tunnel transport system. The main goal of the age is to calibrate the tunnel transport system so that you can travel and explore each of the islands (there's some other writing in the picture above - ignore them, they were related to something else). The island that is linked in to is the second one from the bottom. There are two smaller "connecter" islands, the lower island, which is volcanic, and the upper island, which contains a tropical environment, and a mountain to scale.

(Public age)
This last age is one that's a little different than most. The first part of completing this age is finding the button (key) to press to open the hatch hidden in the beach. Once explorers go down it and down a long tunnel, they find themselves in an underwater observatory/office, where they are able to view the aquatic animals that live in the ocean. The animals however, only appear under certain conditions, as listed in the page on the right.

Questions, Comments, anything, greatly appreciated.
AtionSong

Re: Several Age Concepts

Postby BAD » Fri Oct 05, 2007 7:11 pm

Looks cool!

Remember it is not about who is the best artist, but who is dedicated enough to see a concept through to the end.

Concelt art is just a tool to show an idea. When we begin building the actual age, things will change, grow, and develop into something better than all the sum of its stages and parts.
BAD is as good as he gets
BAD

Return to Art and Story