A Lengthy Story Arc

The art, story, and musical aspects of age creation live here!

A Lengthy Story Arc

Postby Yali » Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:03 pm

Well, this is a story/plot I've been keeping to myself for a long long while, and would finally like to realize. Warning, it includes a lot of Ages, but trust me, they're good ones. 8-)

The main characters are two explorers - me: Yali, and Banzoo: an IC surface friend of mine.

So I begin writing Ages, along with my bud. At some point or another, Banzoo will begin to have an obsession with writing a link to the original Garternay - fueled by the desire to uncover the long lost secrets of the Art and the Bahro.

The Ages I have in mind are:

Kerrey - by me: A sandy, shrub laden island in the midst of a calm sea. I keep a book of mine hidden in a treasure vault in a cave beneath a lake. Banzoo will have attempted to sabotage a way out of the Age - breaking two bridges, and placing a fake linking book in the lake near the link out pedestal, while hiding the real linking book in the vault. A code is needed to open the vault. A secret chamber within the vault hides an experimental book. More on the details of the Age in the near future.

Selenitic - rewrite: The book hidden in the secret chamber on Kerrey. I attempted and apparently succeeded in writing a link to Selenitic in an alternate fixed state before the meteor shower occurred. The idea for how this link is possible is one which I've dubbed the "Intra Age Theory" which is that alternate instances of Ages can exist within one branch, and thus in terms of Selenitic, only one Atrus wrote both iterations, as multiple possibilities exist within him and everything else in existence. So, although the explorer may see Atrus' "stuff" on the Age, Atrus would never be visible on the Age or has been, and the changes would only happen upon relinking - in theory. More on the Age in the future.

Mandar - by Banzoo: A mountainous world which Banzoo wrote with the sole purpose of writing a link to Garternay. By the end of the Age, the player will realize that he didn't succeed. More in the future.

Foxtrot - by me: An Age written by the D'ni, but from an intra-instance of D'ni, meaning it's always existed but we're unable to find the book in the City. A long forgotten meadow Age with a secret. More later.

Yagobah - by me: A forest world with ginormous trees. Written by an intra instance of D'ni. More later.

Jedoah - by Banzoo: An island world with rich forests and sandy beaches. Houses a D'ni library hosting all our Ages. Another intra Age.
Yali

Re: A Lengthy Story Arc

Postby Jadawin12 » Fri Aug 21, 2009 6:45 am

A very interesting Story Arc but I do have some questions and comments.

First why are you attempting to trap Explorers in the Age of Kerrey?

The Selentic rewrite, it sounds interesting but it would be a huge no no by Cyan's legal department.

The other Ages sound interesting enough, however I'm not sure how well the intra instance thing would work out with the absence of players being allowed Yeesha powers.
Thelonius "Prof" Higginsbottom
KI: 01632887
Jadawin12

Return to Art and Story