Tomet Okhmerk - In Development

The art, story, and musical aspects of age creation live here!

Tomet Okhmerk - In Development

Postby AtionSong » Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:52 pm

Though up a new age design yesterday. I haven't finalized the layout yet, but I'll post some more informatino on that later. I've already started modeling. I have a quick picture of the building near the link-in point. I'm not the best with Sky-boxes, but it should give a general idea.

The name comes from the D'ni "Tomet Okh Merk" (Tomet= This place; Okh = Of; Merk = Poisoned Water). It is a mixture between light puzzle solving and exploration. I'm probably going to need some help modeling it, because it is really going to need stunning visuals to work, and I'm not a great modeler.

The general idea is that when you link in, it looks like you are in a barren desert, with nothing withing the general range of your vision except for a few lone dunes in the distance. You begin at the hut in the render, raised several meters above the ground, to prevent any further exploration.

I haven't finalized much of the rest specifically, but the hut has a hatch that leads to an underground tunnel system, very creepy and all that. You navigate through the tunnels and can reach a control room. In there, if you put the water levels to full power, you will end up trapped. You must link out and link back in the the start point. Once you do - surprise surprise - the water that you released has filled up the age and turned it into a series of islands. You can swim out to some of the closer dunes (which are now islands), and on one there is a book which links to an island that is way out.

On this island, you can barely see back to the starting point. This island is much larger than the others, and has a strange hut. The hut contains journals on the age, and a strange room. In the room is a console. If the correct sequence of numbers is entered into the console (keeping the solution secret for now), it activates an elevator/transport system between all of the islands.

I'm a little at a loss for what this is all building up to, and also could use a backstory for the age. Any suggestions?
AtionSong

Re: Tomet Okhmerk - In Development

Postby AtionSong » Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:10 pm

I've modeled a very very basic version of the beginning of this age, more really for me to get my bearings with PyPRP than to actually model the age. I've included the link to the ZIP file. I don't own the offline URU, so I'm politely requesting that someone downloads the age and checks it out for bugs, critique, etc.

Tomet Okmerk v0.1 - http://rockthecavern.googlepages.com/TometOkmerkv0.zip

...please? :lol:
AtionSong

Postby boblishman » Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:04 am

AtionSong wrote:...so I'm politely requesting that someone downloads the age and checks it out for bugs, critique, etc.

...please? :lol:

Ok..the Age is "working" (in that it loads correctly)... however, I was a bit shocked to have my head cut off ...lol...

and I think your main "problem" at the moment is scale... it gonna be difficult to get through that door!...lol

I would suggest that you "Append" the Avatar that comes with Ahra Pahts... having the Avatar in your Blender model really helps when trying to scale things like doors, steps, furniture etc...

The main thing is....yes, your exporting is working...and your textures appear. I think you probably have not reset the Ambient slider (in Shaders Tab) to 1 (it's default is 0.5) which is making the textures rather "dull" ...

Other than that... you seem to have got a hang on things... good luck with the future. (Oh, and if you need a copy of CC... try ebay... a friend of mine got one for less than £2 ! ($4)
when it comes to Age creation ... "DOH" seems to be my middle name...
boblishman

Postby AtionSong » Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:54 pm

I haven't gotten this to the point I wanted for the next release due to being busy with other projects, but I thought I might as well put out this version of the age. I hope it fixes the problems with the original release. Please post with issues or whether issues from previous version were fixed, as well as general comments.
Tomet Okmerk v.0.11
AtionSong

Return to Art and Story