Ahra Pahts looking for a sound designer.

The art, story, and musical aspects of age creation live here!

Re: Ahra Pahts looking for a sound designer.

Postby ghostwriter » Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:15 pm

Aloys and Robert,

I've made a much louder version of the .ogg file for the Nexus ambience. Sorry about that! When I converted it from Pro-Tools to Audacity, I didn't notice how much smaller the wave form became. This is as loud as I can make it without distortion. [NOTE: it's 2.3 Mo and I'm getting the error message "maximum allowed size is 256 KB." Any suggestions on how to FTP it, or does someone have an email I can send it to? Thanks!]

Re: the 4 districts. I can provide ambiences (e.g., bird-like and insect-like creatures with a breeze and foliage rustling for the green district), but music is another beast entirely. I think others (TW) are more competent in that area.

Just to clarify: are you systematically putting a musical intro for each area, followed by an ambience? If so, you need 2 files per areas, one that is triggered upon entry (music), followed by a continuous loop (ambience) (if I'm following the programming thread correctly). I understand the approach of having either music or ambience, but it would be nice to have both throughout, as they serve entirely different functions. Just my two cents' worth...

Lastly, I'm not clear about what constitutes the city - is it just the 4 districts, or is there a central entry area that requires a separate music and/or ambience? Thanks!
ghostwriter

Re: Ahra Pahts looking for a sound designer.

Postby Robert The Rebuilder » Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:58 pm

Hello, ghostwriter!

I just sent you a PM with my email address, so that you can send me the nexus OGG file.

I'll defer the music/ambience preferences and city questions to Aloys.

EDIT 1/29: I just received the remixed OGG file - it's fantastic! Here's a link to listen for yourselves:

Nexus2.ogg

Thank you, Ghostwriter!
Can we rebuild it? Yes, we can - here's how.

MOULagain KI# 1299

Myst Movie coming soon - spread the word!
Robert The Rebuilder

Previous

Return to Art and Story