Vermira (Two Versions) Concept(s)

The art, story, and musical aspects of age creation live here!

Vermira (Two Versions) Concept(s)

Postby Nek'rahm » Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:07 pm

Okay, until I can understand Blender more, my old age Ke'mara ain't coming into play.

So I got bored...

so I came up with ANOTHER Age idea :D

Vermira (Two Ages)

Okay, this one is very odd so please hear me through.

I don't have a storyline set up quite yet... that really limits me... but there are some facts that fit into a storyline-to-come

1) Age is written by a GoW Member, one of the earliest ones, and good friend of both Dr. Watson and Phil: Dr. Kevin Wheeler
2) Age was designed to understand a D'ni concept of "changing Ages," Key lines of text being edited to have the same Age, but with "noticeable differences"
3) Third Age design was written, but was lost when an earthquake in Ae'gura caused the Descriptive Book he was writing in to fall from his rooftop into the Ferry Harbor
4) Was toying with a way to send energy/power THROUGH a Linking Book and channel it from Age to Age

Alright, now, here's the major points of interest in the Age:

Vermira 1 - Droughted: A large main island, four corners of the island jut out like the pillars on Plateau Island (Riven). There is a small tower in a DEEP dropping crater in the middle of the island. By pulling a set of levers, the tower shoots up high above all the islands. Four smaller islands are at the NE, NW, SE and SW corners of the Age. There are Trees at the tops of the corners of the pillars on the middle island. The trees are carved in with a hollow spot to hold a book. By using the book, you go to...

Vermira 2 - Flooded: You appear on the pillar with the tree, but the water is MUCH higher around the islands the book back to the original Vermira is closed off. You pull a lever, yet nothing happens. You dive into the surf and head for a pillar looking object on the corrisponding corner island with the tree. You swim over there, and find another tree. You pull ANOTHER lever. This time, a grinding noise, and the book is revealed. Use it, you return.

Back at the Droughted Vermira: You must do the above four times. On each trip to a corner island, channel a specific kind of energy (Ex. Hydro-electric, burned logs, etc.) Once you have focused all four power types, return to the mainland by swimming. This time around, you find an "unnatural" way to climb back to the top of the island (...usually...). Eh, either way, you return to the main island and head to the big tower. A long puzzle involves re-routing and aiming beacons to the islands. Finally, funnel all the Age's energy to the southern section of the Age. A new passage opens. Head down to the south end, jump from rock to rock (think getting to the Journey Door in Gahressen) and arrive at a stone platform. Pull a lever, press a button... and...

boom

HUMONGOUS Tower leaps out of the sea. Rises to the top of the sky and then finally stops. You can now enter it. Head up into it, and receive the Age's power. Now, turn around from a control panel. Oh my gawd, another Linking Book o-o

Back to Flooded Vermira (echo in here?): You're in a broken up version of the HUMONGOUS tower. Wait a minute... this Tower wasn't in Flooded Vermira last time you were here O_O

Hmm... I wonder...

Complete another puzzle and now a FIFTH form of power exists in the Age. Wait a minute... remember back...

Wasn't there a Journal by a guy named Wheeler? Something about "rerouting power through Age Books?"

...worth a shot.

BAM

Grinding noises... wow, big surprise.

New Linking Book... that's original.

Back on the Farm (...well... Droughted Vermir... nevermind >_>): Fifth power exists. Reroute it by flipping a few levers. Now it flows back to the OTHER big tower.

Relto out of Vermira, return to the DV (Droughted Vermira... lol, subtitles ^_^) Linking Book (dunno where it's going yet >>) and re-arrive north of the big island. Go down to the Tower and flip a newly lighted switch. A bubble (?) envelopes you and you rise up to a command control chair (Gehn's Throne, for example) that aims at the two mini islands you started this whole journey at. Flip a switch.

WHOOSH

Well, this is new. The 2nd island you started on, the one closer to the big one (Example Time: Start --> Mini Island --> Big Island. We're talking about Mini, right now) is flipping upside down. So that's what the towers surrounding it were for... hmm...

Return to that island. Now there's a Linking Book to... Vermira?

Vermira 3 - Airborne: Okay... now there's no water... so weird >_<

Either way, now there's a different setup. Every island (except this one and the one you started on in DV) is gone. Probably Wheeler never finished them...

Go back to the Start, now you find another Book. This one to Ae'gura... taking you to the front of the Tree Stump.

Touch it... you're done.

-----------

of course, if Cyan did this Age, there would be a Relto page or 2 and a new article of clothing... but whaddaya think?
Nek'rahm

Re: Vermira (Two Versions) Concept(s)

Postby pappou » Fri Dec 14, 2007 1:38 pm

First Nek'rahm:

My understanding is that you cannot use Cyan created material in your age. Not sure how that applies to using the names 'Dr. Watson' and 'Phil', but pretty sure you cannot end up thusly:
“Go back to the Start, now you find another Book. This one to Ae'gura... taking you to the front of the Tree Stump.”

Generally, i like the Riven style action of your puzzles, but i am wondering what the history is of this site? How did all this machinery get there? What was the nature of the culture that built this place?

You cannot explain the past as being part of the Cyan created universe, so what generated all this fantastic game playing? Six Flags? [smile]

Second, my purpose in messaging you is to ask if you want help in the layout and planning of your island sites? But if you already have these plans in hand, then i wish you well in working out the details.
pappou
pappou

Re: Vermira (Two Versions) Concept(s)

Postby Nek'rahm » Fri Dec 14, 2007 7:07 pm

Okay, I just used Dr. Watson and Phil to explain how Wheeler had SOME friends in the DRC, but that's not absolutely necessary.

Secondly, the Age doesn't have a set storyline. Still working.

Thirdly, Age was written by Wheeler in order to attempt two things: Using a D'ni ideal of Editing Ages while still controling their main function, and passing energy through Linking Book Links.

and Finally: I could use help with Blender/Rendering only. I can do the Concept Art on my own.

All in all, glad to here the feedback.
Nek'rahm

Return to Art and Story