Artist wanted/needed

The art, story, and musical aspects of age creation live here!

Artist wanted/needed

Postby Luetwo » Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:37 pm

I would very much like to be involved with the writing of ages, but have no talent when it comes to art, either pencil or computer. I have a journal started with some descriptions and would very much like to see someone draw this out.
I do not think my ideas are the only ones that matter, so if you have suggestions or you think something is needed or should be changed , that is fine.

My name is Luetwo both here and ingame. I will add my KI later, sorry I never memorized it.
Luetwo

Re: Artist wanted/needed

Postby Jennifer_P » Fri Dec 14, 2007 5:13 am

Luetwo, if you would like to help with Ages but the modeling and concept art just isn't your thing, there is still a lot you can do! People need help designing creative puzzles and writing descriptions of various places. Over at Ages of Ilathid, the big Age creation project I help out in, there was one person whose entire job seems to have been to write up detailed, evocative descriptions for what it would feel like to enter an Age for the first time. For example (I'm making this up--it's not a real Ilathid Age): "A monstrous fountain of green water rises high into the sky...it is lit by yellow late afternoon light from a sun hanging low over the horizon and shining through the fountain. Stretched out below is a landscape of golden, shining lakes and rivers flowing away from the water plume, all of which can be faintly perceived through a bright cloud of mist and falling water droplets that cascade from the tower of water as it rises. All that can be heard is a muted roar and the sounds of spray and wind and the perpetual crashing of surf against the precariously balanced but stable island of weathered rock upon which you perch." (The idea for this Age belongs to someone else--they brought it up as an idea for the showcase Age) There's all sorts of stuff you can work on without doing any of the art stuff! But you should know that up till now people have suggested umpteenzillion Ages and asked for help on them, and (understandably, given the sheer number of suggestions involved) there has been very little response to them. So while I know you would probably like it best if people helped you with your own Age, I think it might be better if you apprenticed yourself to an existing Age creation group (you might try Ages of Ilathid, Yinfara, the showcase Age, or Search for the Springs of Kehlbet). Then you would be able to learn more about making your very own Age just as you would like it, and about how to manage and motivate a team to work on it with you. :)
Alternately, you might try the Introductions thread over in the General Discussions forum; many people have offered to help out with Ages there, and they say all you have to do is ask them!
Finally, have you ever tried 3D modeling? It's pretty different from physical art because you can adjust your models over and over until they look perfect, unlike in physical art where you usually have to do everything right the first time. :roll: Who knows, maybe 3D modeling could turn out to be your cup of tea after all... :)
Jennifer_P

Postby pappou » Fri Dec 14, 2007 12:56 pm

Hi Luetwo

Take a look at this Island Site. Do you think you could use it for Houmala? It has a nice spot in the chain between the two small mountains at each end. It is a low area covered almost entirely by the rising tide, with a small mound left above high tide:

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o206/pappou/18TwoCitiesIs8x13-4-1.png
[The scale is on the South side of the map, and represents 1000 meters.]

I suspect you have much more detailed information than that you have posted in your journal, which may make this Island Site unusable. But based on your journal entry, this in-between area should work nicely for the nujacs and their lifestyle. The tidal area could be increased if you need it.

Other peoples would occupy both ends of this Island chain, the Southern end being partially urbanized and industrialized. The Northern end is up for grabs.

I have just now started looking for a place to publish this Island Site, and came across your journal entry. This is a very new Site and thus able to absorb considerable change, and from what you have said, it should be ideal.

So, what do you think?

[PS: moderator: i posted this message in Luetwo's journal before recalling it should go here; if that other one is a problem, please feel free to remove it, or let me know and i shall take it off.]
Last edited by pappou on Sat Dec 22, 2007 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pappou
pappou

Postby Jennifer_P » Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:14 pm

Heya Gigot! Glad to see you've found a project you're interested in. (Psst--you really must learn Blender, it's not as hard as I thought it would be at all.)
Looks like I was wrong Luetwo; well good! :)
Jennifer_P

Return to Art and Story