The Hall of History (from Writers 1/5/08 meeting)

The art, story, and musical aspects of age creation live here!

The Hall of History (from Writers 1/5/08 meeting)

Postby Dangerzone » Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:59 pm

earlier today during the writers meeting i pitched an idea for a small age called the hall of history, it is basicly a library of D'ni and URU history that anyone can add to.. (kinda like a d'ni wiki)

this is just a very general idea of the age and some simple sketches i have thrown together

General outline - in my mind... it is on a small island in one of the D'ni caverns with a medium size dome like building contain many walls of books, each section of the library covering a different era, and each book covering a small section of time in that era

Island - A small island roughly the size of the great zero complex, a large courtyard outside the building leads to a small dock for small boats (you link in here)

Building - triangle shaped dome like building... the top of the dome is covered by art and windows

Dome Interior - the bottom has rows of various book cases (about 3- 4 shelves high all the way around) in the rear of the building are a few tiers of steps leading to more book cases... much like a pyramid, the top tier contains no books... but there should be a nexus terminal here and you should be able too look out all the windows from this level as well

Dome Exterior - I have not really made an exterior design, other than deciding that it is a triangular dome

the only request i have is that this age NOT BE MADE COMPLETELY ON THE FORUM, we have the ability to do live chat in game and much more can be handled by actually having group discussions in game... the only thing we should be doing on the forum is talking about small issues, posting development shots, and if need be, beta release copies of the age.... having the ability for live chat is something we should not ignore when making this age

if anyone is intrested in this project please post here, anyone is allowed to join...

here are a few real quick hand drawn sketches i put together to show a bit of what is rattling around in my head

General Interior shot

Overhead map of island

Detail shot of book holder and book opening animation
Dangerzone

Return to Art and Story