Guild Meeting Hall (old)

A place for all Guilds to collaborate.

Re: Guild Meeting Hall

Postby Lontahv » Sat Jan 19, 2008 5:48 pm

Ok, you've helped a lot! :)

Aloys: I never have exported it. :P (I'm going to soon though.)
Paradox: Ok, I'll try to do more with Blender Materials. :)

Lastly, about the link in point, there is some problems facing us about having a central link-in:

1: the central link-in should be in the center, right? Well, if we put it in a central room "down below" then the walls that slide down would cause problems, if we put in above the "skylight" would interfere, but I have a trick up my GoW-teeshirt sleeve. ;) I'll post about it later. :)
Currently getting some ink on my hands over at the Guild Of Ink-Makers (PyPRP2).
Lontahv
Councilor of Artistic Direction

Postby Aloys » Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:49 pm

Lontahv wrote:Aloys: I never have exported it. :P (I'm going to soon though.)

Argh, I wasn't sure, but I didn't bother to re-read the 5 pages of the topic to check... :lol:

1: the central link-in should be in the center, right? Well, if we put it in a central room "down below" then the walls that slide down would cause problems, if we put in above the "skylight" would interfere, but I have a trick up my GoW-teeshirt sleeve. I'll post about it later.
Ok, you've helped a lot! :)

When I posted my central link-in room 3D sketch the other day, I hadn't understood that you wanted to have actual sky light come into the room. :) However, having it bellow would indeed be a problem because of the sliding walls. I see three solutions:

1) The walls slide horizontally, away from the center, they could fit between the corridors. And for the central wall around the stage hmm.. I'm sure we can find something.
2) We keep the dome above the meeting room like we have now, and we also keep link-in room above the meeting room..
We just build the link-in room in the shape of a ring all around the dome, so the dome is on the floor level, and there is another larger dome in the ceiling to let light in. That way from the meeting room bellow we'd still see the sky. And the link-in room would have this large glass dome in the center of the floor and an even larger one just above, it could look really cool. And you could see the meeting room bellow through the dome..
3) The wall still slide down, but the link-in room just has to be wayyy underground. But then we'd need to have a huge set of stairs to go up to the meeting room.. We could have an elevator, but then not everyone would be able to use it at the same time (like a real elevator) and it would be difficult to create..

I have to say I like the ring shaped link-in room idea aroudn the dome. :)
Aloys

Postby Lontahv » Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:27 pm

Ok! I have some new pics. :)

The new stuff should be pretty visible so I think I don't have to explain it.

Currently getting some ink on my hands over at the Guild Of Ink-Makers (PyPRP2).
Lontahv

Postby Lontahv » Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:51 pm

If the link-in is in the middle the stairs/tunnels would look kind of like this:

:)

The only problem with there being a hole in the middle of the link-in room and a hole in the top of the link-in rooms is: It's too much like that yeesha-cave that you drop the pellet in. :shock:
Lontahv

Postby Aloys » Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:01 pm

That's pretty much what I was suggesting. Except what I think we should keep the dome design you had posted the other day and use in the link-in room floor. That way we wouldn't have a hole in the floor. :p
Aloys

Postby Lontahv » Sat Jan 19, 2008 9:25 pm

Do you mean have the hole to the guild meeting-hall being covered BY the glass dome or do you mean a room with glass covering the hole to the guild meeting-hall? Or do you mean a room with that dome as a roof? ;)
Lontahv

Postby Nadnerb » Sat Jan 19, 2008 9:55 pm

how about a link in room with a glass dome roof and a glass floor? No need for a physical hole. If you don't want people walking above the stage, you can just have a railing around it...
Live KI: 34914 MOULa KI: 23247 Gehn KI: 11588 Available Ages: TunnelDemo3, BoxAge, Odema
Nadnerb

Postby Lontahv » Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:17 pm

Here are the latest pics:

The white box is a person hight. :)

Note: the glassed over hole glass texture is bound to change. :)
Lontahv

Postby Aloys » Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:08 am

Essentially yes that's what I was describing, except I thought of a dome on the floor instead of a flat panel.
like this:
Show Spoiler
Aloys

Postby Lontahv » Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:28 am

Yeah. I like that design. :)
Lontahv

PreviousNext

Return to Guild Meeting Age