Guild Meeting Hall (old)

A place for all Guilds to collaborate.

Re: Guild Meeting Hall

Postby Nadnerb » Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:06 am

Hmm, what lontahv cooked up is pretty much what I had in mind. Both look good though. (I think lon's upper dome is a neat design)
Live KI: 34914 MOULa KI: 23247 Gehn KI: 11588 Available Ages: TunnelDemo3, BoxAge, Odema
Nadnerb

Postby Lontahv » Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:28 pm

OK, now comes the tough deciding: Will the modern design section of the "guild meeting age" increase or reduce our chances of it going into the game? Here's the latest blend:
http://lontahv.googlepages.com/guild_meeting_age65.blend
Enjoy

Oh and, I tried to export it into uru quickly, just to take a spin around and it didn't work. Rather than me exporting it, can one of you do a quick export--nothing other than just the models and the lights(no camera regions) if there are cams just delete them. ;)
Currently getting some ink on my hands over at the Guild Of Ink-Makers (PyPRP2).
Lontahv
Councilor of Artistic Direction

Postby Nadnerb » Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:35 am

Simplest possible export:
Created new book
Made all objects solid
Spanwed at origin
Added spawnpoint
Discovered lack of door in link-in room
Corrected lack of door and fixed some z sort issues
Discovered Blockage in stairwell
Removed Blockage from stairwell

Declared: nice age. A few holes, but nice design, very hood-meeting-room-esqe. :)

http://uruexploration.googlepages.com/guild_meeting_age.zip

Sequence prefix of this export: 1150

exported with plugin version somewhere around 1.1.1 (modified)

Was exported from this blend file:
http://uruexploration.googlepages.com/guild_meeting_age65_export.blend
Live KI: 34914 MOULa KI: 23247 Gehn KI: 11588 Available Ages: TunnelDemo3, BoxAge, Odema
Nadnerb

Postby Lontahv » Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:29 am

Thanks! :D

"Blockage in stairwell" you make it sound like a clogged drain. :lol:
Currently getting some ink on my hands over at the Guild Of Ink-Makers (PyPRP2).
Lontahv

Postby Lontahv » Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:30 pm

There's been a kind of lull because I've been trying to think of ways to make the main meeting hall look better. I think I need to replace some textures. ;)

Aloys: Could you try to think of a way to make those bordering blocks to look better (those things that wrap around the edges of the seats) decoration would help I think. They look as if they are made of concrete the way they are now. :P
Lontahv

Postby Aloys » Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:48 am

I know it's a bit early to talk about it, but now that Live is down again, and that some of the guilds are falling appart, what should we do? Or rather: Lontahv, what do you want to do of the project?
Aloys

Postby BAD » Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:39 am

I see no reason for this project to stop.

Actually, I see now even more reason to continue.

The way I have been reading things.....SOMETHING is going to happen. What it is I can't speak of, as there are to many rumors going around.
BAD is as good as he gets
BAD

Postby Lontahv » Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:05 pm

As awful as this sounds:

I think that the Guild meeting hall is in luck because of the shutdown. :P

Just think about it, we have a few more months to work on it and, say that there's another UU type think I'm sure It'll go into the game. OK, here's an idea:

Maybe cyan has been trying to get GT to let them host fan ages but GT thinks there may be legal issues so, they split off. I find it very fishy that there's been no sign of age creation tools in UL yet and Rand was saying, at the beginning that in 6 or so months he hopes to see them. I sense GT foul play. :P
Lontahv

Postby Lontahv » Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:26 pm

Ok, let's start this up again full throttle.

Now, here's something that should be decided now rather than later.

I've been working on solutions of the wells that the walls retract into and I got this idea:

Do we want to be able to control central-podium, wall1, wall2, etc. by themselves or can it be two states: single-guild, and multi-guild. The way it is now it'd the latter choice. It'd take a pile more work to get the first idea but, maybe it's worth it.

Thinking about it, we don't really need to have a maintainer+writer, Greeters meeting going on at the same time. Also, I'm thinking about the controls. The controls need some kind of way that some fool doesn't retract the walls again and again in a meeting. :P

I'm thinking that the guild leaders (5) sit on the first row of benches (easier to get the the podium) and then have everyone else sit on the balcony (mostly for wandering people) or the benches (for more serious people).

Also, are you curious about the idea of having the big central podium curtained off when not in use (this would solve lots of problems but would need mesh-anims/bones to be added to PyPrp).
Lontahv

Postby BAD » Sat Jul 12, 2008 9:56 am

How hard would it be to have the walls controls have a keypad lock? Guild Leaders could set the codes themselves and only tell those they trust.
BAD is as good as he gets
BAD

PreviousNext

Return to Guild Meeting Age