Guild Meeting Hall (old)

A place for all Guilds to collaborate.

Re: Guild Meeting Hall

Postby BAD » Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:52 pm

I did. No post were shown. Perhaps you could show me what you are doing to actually get post data? I may not be an expert, but I do know my way around search engines, and LOGGED OUT I can not find one post from this private forum.

Aloys,

It is a private forum. I think to fix an error, we had to make it visible for a few seconds, and that may have let the googlebot get the forums name.
BAD is as good as he gets
BAD

Postby Lontahv » Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:01 pm

Here we go.
You just have to click the "some items were omitted" thing. And you get: http://www.google.com/search?q=%22guild+meeting+age%22&hl=en&rls=DVFA,DVFA:1970--2,DVFA:en&filter=0

And then it's the seventh down on the page. Then click "cached" and then click "text only" And you get:

http://64.233.169.104/search?q=cache:uBcq7J8BDZkJ:forum.guildofwriters.com/viewtopic.php%3Ff%3D56%26p%3D9342+%22guild+meeting+age%22&hl=en&gl=us&strip=1

It does seem kind of old so I think you've fixed it. :D
Currently getting some ink on my hands over at the Guild Of Ink-Makers (PyPRP2).
Lontahv
Councilor of Artistic Direction

Postby BAD » Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:39 pm

Ah, I must have skipped over that one. Sorry about that.
BAD

Postby Lontahv » Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:49 pm

Happy birthday Kato! :)
Currently getting some ink on my hands over at the Guild Of Ink-Makers (PyPRP2).
Lontahv

Postby Kato » Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:39 pm

:) Thanks.

How's things coming in here lately? Anything I can do? :)

-Kato
(explorer card designed and created by me)
Kato

Postby Lontahv » Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:58 pm

I've been trying to think of what the link-in chambers should look like--I have a bad habit of making small stone rooms look bad. :P But, I can't let that hold me up. So, soon i'll upload what i've got and let you have a REALLY good look at it. :D
Lontahv

Postby Lontahv » Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:53 pm

Here's the .blend file. Now you should be able to look at it in 3D rather than 2D. ;)

http://lontahv.googlepages.com/guild_meeting_age57.blend
Lontahv

Postby BAD » Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:57 pm

Very nicely done.

I can't wait to see it all finished! :)
BAD

Postby Aloys » Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:44 am

Good idea. :)
Well at first sight that looks like a clean and well put-together model. Not too many faces (at least so far) which will be important if we intend to have many avatars in there at the same time.

Couple nitpicks:
- I think the central stage is too high. People on the floor level cannot see the people at the opposite side of the room because of the stage. To do that the number of steps should be narrow to one or two (instead of the current 6). And it would also make the central stage bigger.
- I still think that the spectator area is too high. :) Basically a spectator can't see all the room bellow from a single vantage point. As you mentionned it could be partially solved by setting a high camera looking down on the room, but I just checked and even that would only give a partial view.. Evidence. Beside, I think putting it so high 'isolate' the spectators; and to me the philosophy of this Age should be inclusive.
Actually, I think the spec area should be right above the doors. :)
- I have some really minor structural complaints (some vertexes here and there that could be spared) but that's really minor, the scene has a whole is good.

About the link in rooms, I have no idea either what they should look like, but that's not important right now. First we should decide exactly what we want to put in there. Also have we decided wether we want to have five distinct link in points or do we include a central 'neutral' link in room somewhere?

Finally; Lonthav you mentionned you exported the Age at some point, which Sequence prefix number did you use? We should register it. (just write a random Age name in the wiki list)
Aloys

Postby Paradox » Sat Jan 19, 2008 12:34 pm

One main critique from a PyPRP/Blender perspective:
You should never just assign UV textures without creating a material. The Material will let you render the Age using both Blender's internal renderer and the Blender Game Engine so that you can double check everything. Materials are a major part of the new rewrite and give you much greater control over the textures.
Paradox

PreviousNext

Return to Guild Meeting Age