[ooc]STORY LINE DISCUSSIONS

[ooc]STORY LINE DISCUSSIONS

Postby pappou » Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:14 pm

CONTENTS:
1. Linking Methods
2. Relto
3. People
...............................................................................................

1. LINKING METHODS
..........EDIT: Much of this has now been superceded; Re '* Edit' below;
Last edited by pappou on Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pappou

Re: [ooc] SPOILER STORY LINE DISCUSSIONS - For the broad story

Postby Jennifer_P » Tue Jan 08, 2008 1:21 am

Well, let's see here...
1. Don't worry about using Cyan's copyrighted materials as long as you're planning on getting a Fan Created Age license for Houmala so that it can be shared publicly over Uru Age Manager. :) They'll let use use their stuff as long as they get to have a look at what you're planning with it.
2. NOT THE CRYSTAAAAALLLLLSSSS!!!!! Say this with me: "Crystals do not give magical powers. They are rocks. Crystals do not give magical powers. They are rocks. Crystals do not give magical powers. They are rocks." :D
3. I wouldn't count on being able to have animations in your Age; I hear they are very hard, even for the plug-in programmers. Think of animations as "everything moving." So, no flags flapping in the wind, no swirling mist, no tides coming and going, no people walking around, no door handle rotating. All you can use are the standard animations for kickables like balls and the animations that control how your avatar swims, runs, jumps, etc.
4. Where did all the people go? Well, maybe there was a disease that struck their food supply and they decided to move on to healthier pastures. Like the Irish potatoe famine, perhaps?
Jennifer_P

Postby Jennifer_P » Tue Jan 08, 2008 1:39 am

1. No worries about the copyright, I'd say; you can get Cyan's permission to use their stuff by getting a Fan Created Content license. (You'll need one of those anyway if you're planning to share your Age publicly.) :)
2. NOT THE CRYSTAAALLLSSS! Repeat after me, "Crystals do not give magical powers. They are rocks. Crystals do not give magical powers. They are rocks. Crystals do not give magical powers. They are rocks." :D
3. About the people running around--that is probably next to impossible to do with our current technology. You see, it's very very difficult to create animations, including people moving around, doorknobs turning, mist swirling, tides coming and going, gears rotating, a sun crossing the sky, etc. All you can really do in terms of animation is to create kickables, such as beach balls, or have the avatar perform a standard animation such as swimming, running, jumping, etc.
4. For a reason as to why there are no people, maybe a disease (I'm thinking of the Irish potatoe famine) attacked their staple food source so they had to leave to find new food to eat?
Jennifer_P

Postby Tweek » Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:01 am

I highly, hihgly doubt Cyan will forbid the use of Linking books, its the basis for Ages.
Beneath - IC Blog.
Beneath: Ages of Tweek - FB Age Dev Page.
Tweek

Postby Chacal » Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:22 pm

Jennifer_P wrote:Repeat after me, "Crystals do not give magical powers. They are rocks. Crystals do not give magical powers. They are rocks. Crystals do not give magical powers. They are rocks."

I got a few Birkenstock-shod, tablecloth-clad, gray-haired ladies at the local new-age shop who would disagree.
Chacal

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong."
-- Mahatma Gandhi
Chacal

Postby Jennifer_P » Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:59 pm

Heh, I thought the first post had gotten dumped by the forum or something.
I got a few Birkenstock-shod, tablecloth-clad, gray-haired ladies at the local new-age shop who would disagree.

I think people like that should be forced to take Mineralogy. That ought to get rid of all those silly notions out of their heads. ;)

MOD NOTE: I had to edit your post since it repeated......within the post. Don't know how it got like that. :?
Jennifer_P

Re:[ooc]STORY LINE DISCUSSIONS

Postby pappou » Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:00 pm

Getting serious now on the Storyline. Re: Creation Story.
We have settled on retaining Linking Books, but bypassing Relto and the ubiquitous Relto Book
Relto Book is now replaced by the Slate diptych.
pappou
pappou

Re: [ooc]STORY LINE DISCUSSIONS

Postby pappou » Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:14 pm

For latest development of the Story go to: CREATION STORY: development 'A'
pappou
pappou

Return to Pappou's Journal