Long term projects

Long term projects

Postby Grogyan » Sat Jan 12, 2008 7:12 pm

I currently have in process

Ahra Pahts Shell 119, not far from RtR's shell
-----Current ideas is that this shell may contain
----------A Rube Goldberg rolling ball contraption
----------A simple puzzle

An Experimental Age currently named G5, no reason, its just got the first letter of my name and the version number.
-----Currently this Age has
----------A hut with no collision yet
----------A volcano
----------A texture from a photo I took
-----Will have to add soon
----------A different texture for the volcano, currently its the same texture as the ground
----------Texture the hut
----------Embed a 2 x 2 x 2 Rubik's cube in the hut door
----------Background scenery dome
----------Figure out how to open and close the door

I had a few ideas while I was at work, bored out of my mind as usual, and came up with a great story idea, to complement making this rough experimental Age, a proper Age, scripting of course will be a continuous headache, and the functions I would use aren't yet implented, and probably won't be for some time, all is not lost however, and just as rough, is using python code to script the ideas I have.
Show Spoiler

---------------There will be a simple binary on the door to the hut
---------------Adjacent and behind the hut will be a generator powering lights
---------------Inside the hut will be some equipment on the table, seismomic in nature.
----------Near the fenced off compound will be a broken solar power car containing a journal of mine.
---------------The journal will speak of the combination to the compound and,
---------------of my explorations to as deep as I could go on my own.
----------Inside the hut as well will be a coded hatch of 4 colours (Red, Blue, Yellow, Green)
----------Under the hatch will be a short ladder that will take the player to a corridor that leads to 2 rooms and a very deep hole.
---------------The first room is a ceremonial dressing room, where a skeleton of the last survivor now rests.
---------------The second contains a periscope
--------------------The periscope will serve as the key to solving the rest of the Age
-------------------------The periscope will not work if the following 2 requirements are not met.
------------------------------The hatch is closed and locked (so I will have a reset button in the middle)
-----------------------------------The hatch can only be opened and closed from inside the hut and above the hatch, just like in Teledahn
-----------------------------------Triggered animations are same as those used in Teledahn
------------------------------The generator is not turned off
-----------------------------------This will turn off the 3D sound emitter outside as well.
---------------The big hole will have a rope ladder anchored to the lava cave floor, a big ladder.
When the player reaches the bottom, he/she will be immediately confronted with a traditional vertical maze, of invisible walls.
--------------------Will need to think of someway to detect whether or not the player is barefoot or not, and preventing further access to the rest of the Age.
--------------------The maze will have 4 sets of walls that can rotate individually but group the walls together - see periscope
-------------------------As the player progresses through this maze, through each tile of the maze a large set of crystals overhead will change colour
. Show Spoiler

---------------The player will encounter a second maze but this time its a horizontal maze with rushing water (panic link region) underneath, the water will cover a foot of the path of the maze, just like in Schizim 2.
--------------------The right combination of paths is different to the first maze, and also makes use of 4 independent rotating sets of floor tiles, along the sides of the maze will be evenly spaced out glowing crystals that also indicates to the player as to the correct combination.
---------------Then the player will encounter a very large cathedral cut cavern, sitting at its centre is a gold pyramid with glowing crystals on each edge
--------------------Inside this cavern as well, and to get inside the pyramid will be wooden ladders and rope bridges.
-------------------------The correct path will also be presented at the periscope and different to the other 2 mazes.
-----------Inside the pyramid will be pool of liquid (florescent?)
----------------In the centre of the pool will sit a Bahro stone tablet on a pedestal.
[/spoiler]
A very big Age currently called nothing in particular
Full story here
http://www.mystonline.com/forums/viewto ... c&start=15
Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all
Grogyan

Return to Grogyan's Journal