My RAD entry Pahts Shell 119

Re: My RAD entry Pahts Shell 119

Postby Grogyan » Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:20 pm

I've got a hold of Trylon's Durabook, and reworked that a bit, the UV mapping and some of the geometry was out, removed many double vertices.

I was going to start scripting that, until, I realised that I havn't scripting up the avatar SwimDockExit animation, and thus far working out how to do it via a clickable and as a region trigger so that I can try both out to see what works best.

Got the clickable working, both as quickscript and as full script. I have had major issues with indentation and knowing what does what, and there still isn't a tutorial on understanding the scripting.

so here is the picture now, i'm working on getting the quickscript to load at Blender compile time, and it aint working.

I dislike python, and dislike this AlcScript, neither make any sense and are very prone to mistakes that are very hard to find due to the st...d indentation.

Even with working on the path2ipo python script, I spent several months on it figuring out python and the blender API, in the end it was for nought.

So that is where I am at, frustrated and annoyed
Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all
Grogyan

Postby Jojon » Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:36 am

Note that any double vertices at corners may well be there for a good reason. Refer to the threads on smooth/flatshaded meshes.
Jojon

Postby Grogyan » Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:11 pm

Eh?
There were loads of double vertices that are superfluous.
The idea is to reduce the number of vertices to a minimum, for the sake of performance, just take a look at the tarp, which I found out recently that I can rework it to make it look loads better, but it will mean increasing the vertice count

Right now i'm modelling pallets, crates for the shell
I'm also gonna give them to the GoMa repo so others can use them too
Grogyan

Postby Whilyam » Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:55 am

If the durabook is the one available off of the Maintainer's site, it has quite a lot of un-necessary vertices. Not just duplicates but way more in the spine than needed to give the illusion of a smooth spine.
Whilyam

Postby Grogyan » Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:14 pm

Been a long while since there was an update.

Things have not gone to plan, as I am playing Supreme Commander to try and get better at it, with some success. I still need to better control my economy.

In between, I have made some small progress with the Shell, with Dot's help the Journal has been upgraded, cleaned up, and some modelling of it, there is a Sun that approximates the location of Ahra's star (can't use the name Sun as that refers to our star in Sol, so many Sci-Fi's make that mistake), No screenies sorry as everything new is low poly and not textured, but will post a zip to the GoMa to get an overview of their impressions
Grogyan

Previous

Return to Grogyan's Journal