Ahra Pahts Shell #119

Ahra Pahts Shell #119

Postby Grogyan » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:33 pm

Thought I might get back to work on my shell.

Seems ages ago since I last looked at it, and I've still got my plans for this to do.
I'm hopelessly out me practice with Age building, but I downloaded some me the new tools last night, so I hope to delve into it again.

It will be slow, working at present on bettering my social life, building a 3d printer to build parts for a RepRap (i'll insert link here when I am home), and urgent jobs to do at home.

I promised to finish this Shell, and I intend to somehow keep that promise, especially with Uru Live back, and hints in the forum that the Cyan tool for making ages binaries (no source yet) means that work on Ahra will speed up.

I'd like to see another RAD, though at this stage someone else will gaune to organize it.

I'll have to also look at all the new Ages people have made since I was gone to see if or how some me the things I want in my shell could be done.

I need a GUI, not going to say what it will be used for, be redo all the under pyramid texture to something with more alpha over stone, as seen in many Cyan ages, eg Ahnonay Cathedral
Last edited by Grogyan on Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all
Grogyan

Re: Ahpa Pahts Shell #119

Postby ametist » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:40 pm

Yeay Grogyan!! :)
ametist

Re: Ahra Pahts Shell #119

Postby Grogyan » Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:49 pm

Well I didn't get chance to look over my shell last night as I was adding wireless capability to my 3d printer.

Its daunting how much work I have to do on the shell
Grogyan

Postby Chacal » Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:16 pm

Grogyan wrote: I was adding wireless capability to my 3d printer.

Don't forget to add security because the potential for practical jokes is enormous.
Chacal

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong."
-- Mahatma Gandhi
Chacal

Postby Grogyan » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:21 pm

It has default security, not too worried about the bluetooth connection, designing an extruder that will be reliable, and a Z axis is hard, its all fun.

I haven't looked over the wiki for a long while, but right now as for me shell, i'd at least like to get drizzle working and get the KI updated. Then I can get a book on my bookshelf that will hopefully work with ULM.

Everything in my Uru directory hasn't been touched since I was last here.
Grogyan

Postby Grogyan » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:00 pm

Well I have a big problem now, after updating the tools, I was unable to load the Nexus.
So I thought i'd just copy over my backup files that I had, but I had accidentally moved them instead, and I couldn't undo it, forcing a whole reinstall, reinstalled the offline KI, so now I can go to the Nexus, but it doesn't show all the Ages I already have on my computer.
So I have to figure out why they aren't registering, upside is that I used Drizzle to reinstall Ahra Pahts, I figure that at least I can do my Shell, but I am still quite confused why I can't add books to my Relto or the links being missing from the Nexus.
Grogyan

Postby ddb174 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:01 am

If you have Ages that aren't included in the Offline-KI list yet, they will be at the end of the Nexus list, rather than in alphabetical position. But while testing, you'll just want to use "/link agename" anyway.
ddb174

Postby Grogyan » Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:23 pm

I'll give that a try when I get home from work.
I dunno why the nexus is empty of player ages
Grogyan

Postby ddb174 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:10 pm

Including ones from UAM? In that case, perhaps the Offline-KI is not installed, or you are using Vista/Win7 with Uru installed in Program Files (which Vista/Win7 mishandles).
ddb174

Postby Grogyan » Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:37 pm

Offline KI is installed, and I am still using xp.
What is the method to remove offline KI?
I tried deleting the drizzle pref and reinstall it even though drizzle still saw it installed.
Grogyan

Next

Return to Grogyan's Journal