Progress on La Casa

Progress on La Casa

Postby Inanna » Sun Apr 13, 2008 11:18 am

After making contact with Cyan Legal, the FoF Design Team is moving forward with our part of the URU story. The plan is to continue with an HTML coded series of content pages and images while the team learns Blender (I confess the opening screen makes me dizzy :D ). When we have the skills needed to produce a "proper age" we will move from HTML to the 3D rendered place called Refuge -- for which the backstory is tied to La Casa and its characters. We are being careful now to steer clear of direct connection with those characters and plotlines created by Cyan, but have found a lot of niches as yet untrammeled.

I have a good feeling about all efforts being made to keep URU alive in some form or another. The MOUL story was affected by the explorers. Now that it has closed, a new chapter begins and I have the sense that Cyan (well, maybe Rand) wants us to do what we are doing -- however we can manage to do it. Sad as I was when the server shut down, I woke up later with the determination that this was not the end nor that the community was completely at the mercy of corporate contracts. I know the Star Trek analogy has been made before, but it is the best example of what an active creative body of fans can do.

I look forward to seeing your works grow, and I hope I can make a worthwhile contribution to the guild.
Inanna

To let understanding stop at what cannot be understood is a high attainment.
Those who cannot do it will be destroyed on the lathe of heaven.

Chuang Tse
Inanna

Re: Progress on La Casa

Postby BAD » Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:20 pm

Glad to hear your continuing! I had feared that after the closing of MOUL we would lose some people who showed real promise.

I can't wait to see how your stories unfold! :D
BAD is as good as he gets
BAD

Re: Progress on La Casa

Postby Inanna » Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:57 pm

Those who visit the website will see how the text meshes with the current events. If it is presumed that all of us entered through the Cleft, then we may equally assume that we must leave the same way. So The Traveler (each of us as we return to the Cleft to depart the area) have the chance to explore the area and to enter La Casa's story.

Because it is web-based it can go forward right now. I think if I had to wait to learn Blender in order to make a tiny flower shudder in the breeze, I would never get anything done. And like you, Bad, I have feared that others might give up their visions when daunted by the technology. Of course, I want to make a magical place like the Myst worlds, but I am a long way from managing the technology.

If anyone has a story idea and would like help in presenting it in the way La Casa is, I hope all will feel free to contact me. TBH, when I was working as a content writer for a computer game company I was shown this web-based story technique by an very bright 15 year old. Now, years later, I am using that young man's method to do what that game company never achieved. I love irony.
Inanna

To let understanding stop at what cannot be understood is a high attainment.
Those who cannot do it will be destroyed on the lathe of heaven.

Chuang Tse
Inanna

Return to Inanna's Journal