Age Six--and the dren just keeps on coming

Age Six--and the dren just keeps on coming

Postby Zander » Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:41 pm

All right, I admit it. I have tried for a major increase in scale for this Age, and I'm trying some variation in the stone and in the atmosphere, while still keeping it within breathable tolerances.

I can see no reason why that would result in (a) another black, sunless sky, which refuses to take on any colour at all despite my following every single instruction, suggestion and piece of advice I have been given, (b) complete inability to adjust the granularity of one of my stone types. It's not that I cannot change the characters, I do. They simply have no effect. if I did not know better I would say that my Book's link had been severed.

Gods, maybe it has. But then why would it allow me to link through it to an Age which it no longer affects?

Two steps forward, several hundred frodding miles back. Maybe I just can't do this.
Zander

Re: Age Six--and the dren just keeps on coming

Postby Nadnerb » Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:12 pm

Perhaps your sky is so far out that the distance fog and clipping has gotten it. >.>
Live KI: 34914 MOULa KI: 23247 Gehn KI: 11588 Available Ages: TunnelDemo3, BoxAge, Odema
Nadnerb

Postby Zander » Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:24 am

I did wonder about that, though I thought I had ruled out mist, so distance fog shouldn't have been a problem. But I deleted the sky again, and followed the steps again, and now it's there. Unlike the central plain of glass, which (again for no readily apparent reason) was there (though not right) when the sky was black, but isn't now. I'll keep deleting and reWriting, and sooner or later the Age will presumably decide to be what I am Writing. Proof, if proof were needed, that this is an Art, not a science.
Zander

Postby Zander » Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:51 pm

Well, I have been deleting and reWriting for an entire week, with no progress whatsoever, so I am now putting Age Six to bed.

Age Seven will follow when I can rouse the enthusiasm for an activity for which it seems I am not fitted.
Zander

Return to Zander's Journal