Deck 4

Deck 4

Postby L. DaVinci » Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:11 pm

Well, after many long hours, I've finally manage to finish installing the entire floor on Deck 4. It's nice to be able to walk around down there and the lighting from the crew quarters main hall shares a fair amount of illumination with the opening between the decks.
Show Spoiler

I went to take a break and came back to discover this structure at the back of the ship on deck 4. I can't really make out what it is, or even where it came from, but there is a light that glows in the middle of it. I can't get inside it either. Again, strange and peculiar things are altering my original plans of the ship.
Show Spoiler
L. DaVinci

The Council Room

Postby L. DaVinci » Thu May 01, 2008 10:36 am

I've been rather busy with other things as of late, and probably will be for a little longer. I'm in the process of working on plans for a wedding coming up in August, but when I've had a few minutes to come back to the airship, I've simply been patching a few holes that needed to be fixed up. All the while, I've been watching the structure at the back of Deck 4 take shape each time that I've come to visit. Until today, I haven't been able to see what's inside the structure. It seems a passage has opened up on two sides of what appears to be a well built and well concieved council room. I took a few pictures to show you what it looks like.

Centered around a large table is an intricately made gear shaft to support the ceiling. I'm not really sure what it's used for, if for anything more than a decorative purpose, but it's impressive to look at. Above the central gear shaft support is a wonderous starscape ceiling. The table is surrounded by twenty-four identical chairs which are also attached to a gear that is set into the floor. I've tried to turn the chairs but they do not budge or turn. There is also another chair on a raised platform at the back of the room, which sits in front of what appears to be a control console, but I cannot be for certain. The monitor panel is missing the entire screen display, and there are no buttons on the console below it. As far as I can tell, this room is still not complete. It seems to me that there may be someone, or something else writing my airship age. I expect there will be other odd occurances to come.

Show Spoiler

The other thing that I'm also unsure of is, why the hell do you need a council room on an airship? In my original plans, the council room sits right where I would have put in the infirmiry. Guess I'll need to figure out another place to put the medical facilities.

Well, the next thing that I plan to start putting together is the mess hall and kitchen at the front of deck 4.
L. DaVinci

Re: Deck 4

Postby Robert The Rebuilder » Thu May 01, 2008 10:45 am

Perhaps this is a navigation room, in which star charts are shown on the ceiling? Or is there a holographic projection display capability in the table?
Can we rebuild it? Yes, we can - here's how.

MOULagain KI# 1299

Myst Movie coming soon - spread the word!
Robert The Rebuilder

Re: Deck 4

Postby Chacal » Thu May 01, 2008 12:09 pm

Maybe this is a tactical or strategic planning room for a fleet. Your ship might be an admiral's flagship.
Chacal

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong."
-- Mahatma Gandhi
Chacal

Return to L. DaVinci's Journal