Learning basic animation

Learning basic animation

Postby L. DaVinci » Thu May 29, 2008 9:57 am

I've discovered a great site for tutorials in blender and it's like a full course curriculm with videos and lessons that would be useful to the rest of our writers. Just today I finished the first lesson which goes over some basic modeling and animation. Here is what I created from that first lesson.

The name of the site is the Blender 3D Design Course. http://www.gryllus.net/Blender/3D.html. This site and the lesson are put together by a man named Neal Hirsig and he does a great job with the presentations. Try it out, you may find you will learn some tips and tricks that you did not know before.
L. DaVinci

Tour the Airship

Postby L. DaVinci » Thu May 29, 2008 6:51 pm

For the first time, you can get a look at the airship in a unique perspective. Full motion video. As I was learning about the basics of animation today, I decided to have some fun of my own. By manipulating the camera view and moving it through the ship, you can see the progress that I've made on it so far. Enjoy the video.

There are still some issues that I'm trying to figure out. For instance there are some surfaces that are highly reflective, and the thing I don't understand is why these surfaces are reflective where most of the rest of the ship is not. You also many areas that are still incomplete, but rest assured progress is being made.

DaVinci.
L. DaVinci

Re: Learning basic animation

Postby Chacal » Thu May 29, 2008 7:19 pm

This is seriously cool. It's a huge project, I hope you get to finish it.
It feels like a pirate ship in the sky.
The conference room is great. It is missing someone though...

lack of faith Show Spoiler
Chacal

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong."
-- Mahatma Gandhi
Chacal

Re: Learning basic animation

Postby L. DaVinci » Fri May 30, 2008 8:27 am

LOL!.. That's funny Chacal! I guess you might half expect someone like that to show up in there. Eventually, as we continue to develop our skills as writers, I would like to implement different parts of this age with multiplayer puzzles, especially with the conference room as one of them. I have a lot of cool ideas but I don't want to spoil you guys with all the details. Kind of like knowing how the book ends before reading it.

DaVinci.
L. DaVinci

Return to L. DaVinci's Journal