What is [001F]plSingleModifier?

If you feel like you're up to the challenge of building your own Ages in Blender or 3ds Max, this is the place for you!

What is [001F]plSingleModifier?

Postby Ehren » Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:19 pm

Okay, so I'm working on a version of the great shaft using Cyan's "intangibles" and using all the various tools I've learned or been learning how to use. Most things are exported from 3d max obviously, but I wanted to transfer over Uru's version of the Treasure Book Shaft (can't even export the 3ds Max one due to vague Python errors) and use hiding objects and the like to make it work as an area in the middle of the elevator path up/down. The oddity is, after going through some steps to both edit the page's sequence prefix to be correct for the new age, and making sure the textures actually reference the proper file too. I find that the version of PrpShop that I use (to look for its generation of a log file to look for erroneous keys) is currently saying:

Warning: Attempted to create abstract class plSingleModifier
Warning: Type [001F]plSingleModifier is a STUB

The age itself seems to load and function just fine, but given that I don't even see any [001F] files when I unpack this file, I don't get what it's referring to, or if it's even something I should worry about. I do want to release what I'm working on at some point, so I'd really like to be as safe as I can about what this means. This is a pretty old version of PrpShop though, I just keep it because it's useful for checking offline Uru files and that version of Uru doesn't exactly change a lot, so anything it doesn't understand there's a good chance old CC Uru won't either, heh.
Ehren

Re: What is [001F]plSingleModifier?

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:51 pm

plSingleModifier is an "abstract class" - meaning that it's a base for other Plasma classes but not one that should ever exist itself. For example, responders are single modifiers. If PRPShop is complaining that it is being created, then you are trying to open PRPs that libHSPlasma does not have the correct type mapping for. I would be strongly suspicious of the validity and completeness of anything PRPShop shows, and I would be especially distrustful of any files saved out.
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Re: What is [001F]plSingleModifier?

Postby Sirius » Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:35 am

I dislike saying this, but Doobes is already working on something similar. He's using the Myst V version of the Age though.
Sirius

Return to Building