Help with Swim Region in Korman

If you feel like you're up to the challenge of building your own Ages in Blender or 3ds Max, this is the place for you!

Help with Swim Region in Korman

Postby Zapoteca » Mon Nov 29, 2021 3:46 pm

I'm having a really hard time creating a simple swimming surface, can anyone point me to what I'm doing wrong?

I tried referencing both the old pyPRP tutorial and the pool from the KormanDecals.blend (from the sample blends thread), but haven't had any luck so far.

Here is a small test age I'm using for this, simulating a river environment. It has 4 meshes: a plane (yellow) with collision for the terrain; a plane (blue) for the water with the water and geometry waves modifiers; an empty cube that is the detector region for the swimming surface (and is also a Water footstep region); a plane (no material) that is supposed to be the surface of the river, in which the avatar should swim.

swim_region.png
swim_region.png (27.01 KiB) Viewed 4226 times

The water sounds are playing fine, but the avatar doesn't swim, and simply walks on the riverbed. (also, the sun lamp isn't lighting the terrain, but this is a problem for another time)

Any suggestions? I'm attaching the blend file here as well
Attachments
swim_region_test.blend
(570.29 KiB) Downloaded 216 times
Zapoteca

Re: Help with Swim Region in Korman

Postby Zapoteca » Mon Nov 29, 2021 5:53 pm

For future reference, here is what I did, following suggestions from Doobes over at discord:

* Make the swimming plane a single face

* Ctrl+A, apply all transforms to the mesh

* Check that the normals on the mesh are pointing up

* Lowered the bottom of the river a little bit, the avatar was walking and never triggered the animation

I'll attach the fixed blend file in case anyone wants to take a peek in a simple swim region, in the future
Attachments
swim_region_test.blend
(531 KiB) Downloaded 218 times
Zapoteca

Re: Help with Swim Region in Korman

Postby Emor D'ni Lap » Sat Dec 04, 2021 3:55 am

Zapoteca, thanks for doing the right thing: you followed through and posted the solution to your question, even though you got the solution elsewhere! :D
Seems like most people don't do that anymore :roll:
Emor D'ni Lap

Return to Building