The Lost Stonehenge Update

If you feel like you're up to the challenge of building your own Ages in Blender or 3ds Max, this is the place for you!

Re: The Lost Stonehenge Update

Postby Karkadann » Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:59 am

That would be excellent! I was thinking of adding journals its just that my spelling and grammar was never that good.
I'll hafta dig up the Python files for the journals and figure them out.
The Optimist see's the glass half full, The Pessimist see's the glass half empty.
Its the Realist who see's the glass is half full with air, half full with water
Karkadann

Postby Wamduskasapa » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:12 am

I will start immediatly on the (Merlin, Morgan Le Fae and the evil Sorceress (Niviane)) back story for the Lost Stonehenge Age.

I will PM you as the story progesses...
Computer = MotherBoard MSI X99S GAMING 7 - Intel I7-6950X
Dual MSI GeForce GTX 1080
64GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 Predator Memory
Dual Samsung 1TB SSD Pro - Dual Seagate 4TB SSHD
Excelvan 5.25" Multi-Function Media Dashboard
Wamduskasapa

Postby Karkadann » Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:16 am

It would seem the second update will take longer then I thought, things just did not work out they way I expected them to. Im gonna put it on hold for now.

the original reason I started working on the Stonehenge is to get a good idea on how to do shadows, now that I know I can start updating some of the others.
The Optimist see's the glass half full, The Pessimist see's the glass half empty.
Karkadann

Postby Karkadann » Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:59 pm

Speaking of wierd, I was experimenting with Static Environmental Maps in my Alchemist cave laboratory trying to make a nice brown glaze for a tea cup and accidentally made myself a nice gold tea cup.
Show Spoiler
Karkadann

Postby janaba » Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:59 am

You wanted to make it like the one above with the flowers on it ... I like that little golden glassy tea cup though ... :P
... and I like that small stove or tea warmer, or is this the bubbling cauldron for your alchemical blends according
to your magical spells? ... also the mortar and pestle and everything looks very interesting ... :)
janaba

Postby Karkadann » Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:27 am

Thanks, The flowers on the plain ceramic jar are related to the symbol on the jar next to it. as far as the tea cup
it was suppose to be a dark brown glaze I must have messed up one of the setting.
also Im gonna try to keep the alchemical or lab more on the scientific side with a touch of mysticism, and a pinch of humor.
Karkadann

Postby Karkadann » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:15 pm

Show Spoiler
Karkadann

Postby RubyQ » Tue Jul 06, 2021 3:55 pm

I'm very late to the party, having only discovered the Shards in early 2020.

But Karkadan, I must tell you how much I love the music for your Lost Stonehenge age. I've set it up to play on my Relto's music player, so I'll get to hear it often.

Thank you! For the Ages and for the music.
Anitochka
Deep Island KI 00385901
MOULA KI 09140118
RubyQ

Postby Karkadann » Sun Sep 05, 2021 2:00 pm

Thank you, I spent several hours searching for music with just the right sound and sprite.
I would have never been able to do it without the GOW. I did have plans for a Tardis interior
however I was having issues with the linking process I needed to use that and I can't seem to get Max 7 to work properly on Win 10,
it opens ok and seems to work but I get an application error when I close it. Not sure if its the way Max 7 install (all in one folder More or less)
or something else
Karkadann

Postby osmosoom » Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:18 pm

Karkadann wrote:This is one of two updates, iv been doing some experimenting with shadows, light regions, sprites, animated texture, and some other stuff, so you might wanna look threw it before you post it on the UAM.
Most of the updates is stuff I haven't messed with before, so if you see anything that needs fixing let me know.
I hope you injoy the changes mwplay888.net download
http://www.mediafire.com/?1gii178ofogsg61

The new light source is great and the shadows are soft and look realistic. The music is absolutely perfect and beautiful and the whole scenery has a nice and lovely twilight look and feel
osmosoom

Previous

Return to Building