Escher's Relativity is doable

If you feel like you're up to the challenge of building your own Ages in Blender or 3ds Max, this is the place for you!

Re: Escher's Relativity is doable

Postby janaba » Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:26 am

What about just some ambient/light tunes for 'normal' people? ... No calculations, no
mind-boggling maths skills necessary ... just feel inside, feel Tre'bivdil or Relativity, of
course, and compose ... :P
janaba

Postby Karkadann » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:03 am

Fabioguar wrote:There is a big possibility i can't do it because of my inexperience :oops:

Thats more or less what I was thinking when I started the structure for Relativity. :D
The Optimist see's the glass half full, The Pessimist see's the glass half empty.
Its the Realist who see's the glass is half full with air, half full with water
Karkadann

Postby Fabioguar » Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:06 am

I have a draft...

It is divided into 3 parts. Let me know if there is something you like or if I have to delete the track and get the f**k out of this thread :roll:
I can develop only a part or two... I let you choose which direction I have to take.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0hcap7oj0xth9pj/Escher.mp3?m

This is what I think about it:
Part 1 (0:00 - 2:40) - I wanted to do something that seems moving, it works a bit with headphone but not with speakers so I have to work on it... not yet what I was looking for.
Part 2 (2:60 - 5:05) - It is a pitch paradox. An infinite increasing scale. It's a bit boring because I made it too long but it works. I thought to use it like a "bridge" inside the soundtrack, of course not an entire soundtrack with this paradox.
Part 3 (5:10 - end) - Reversing melody... I like it. I prefer it from 6:05 to end.

PS: The "sound" is not definitive, I can change it, for example part 2 can have a different instrument sound. I've upload this mp3 to know if you like some idea, than I'll work on it
Fabioguar

Postby Karkadann » Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:52 am

Sounds great, and it fits nicely. I like the three different parts, are the three plane's (the up-righter's, left-learners, and the right-learners, ) or x, y, and z are each gonna have there own music?
The Optimist see's the glass half full, The Pessimist see's the glass half empty.
Karkadann

Postby Fabioguar » Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:40 pm

Karkadann wrote:Sounds great, and it fits nicely. I like the three different parts, are the three plane's (the up-righter's, left-learners, and the right-learners, ) or x, y, and z are each gonna have there own music?

I have no idea how to put the track into the age so I don't know if it is possible to use 3 tracks, one for each plane.
It's not a problem for me to make a long single track or separate it in 3 different soundtrack. I'll let the programmer to decide this thing.
In my opinion it's better to do a single track to avoid to suddenly interrupt the track when the player change plane. A single track will sounds smoother.
Fabioguar

Postby Karkadann » Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:06 pm

Your right a single track would sound smother.
I look forward to the next Relativity update, a little Background music would be a wonderful addition.
Karkadann

Postby janaba » Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:16 pm

For me the first part fits best in 'Relativity', the second is 'too much', and the third is more like
beach music, but with a strange underlying tone in the background, disturbing the harmony ... :P

However, a great idea to create a multi-style song to choose from, thanks for the efforts
and for sharing, Fabioguar ... I also agree with choosing a single track for the age instead
of one for each 'dimension' or plane ... :)
janaba

Postby Sirius » Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:56 am

Of course you can use 3 different tracks ! You could play one music or another through the Python script. Otherwise you could add a trigger region inside each subworld. It does require 3 different sound files, though.
Indeed, the music would be interrupted each time you change of "dimension"... you could of course set it to fade out on a few seconds as the new one fades in, but it still wouldn't be good...

The music is really nice, BTW :)
Part 1 fits perfectly in my opinion. It's not too complex, it's good for exploring.
Part 2 is really nice, but indeed it's a bit "too much". It would fit better with an impressive ride of some kind (you know, these small videos you have at the end of each Age in Myst III and IV...). It would be a lot of work to have a ride that would fit with Relativity, though. And I guess some people won't like it anyway.
Part 3 is nice, but it could do with sounds from part 1 and 2, IMO.
Great work ! 8-)
Sirius

Postby Deledrius » Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:51 pm

It's too bad Plasma doesn't have something like iMuse that would let you actually blend the tracks in creative ways dynamically instead of just a simple fade.
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby Fabioguar » Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:31 am

janaba wrote:For me the first part fits best in 'Relativity', the second is 'too much', and the third is more like
beach music, but with a strange underlying tone in the background, disturbing the harmony ...

(mumble mumble mumble...)

Sirius wrote: ... the music would be interrupted each time you change of "dimension"... you could of course set it to fade out on a few seconds as the new one fades in, but it still wouldn't be good...
Part 1 fits perfectly in my opinion. It's not too complex, it's good for exploring.
Part 2 is really nice, but indeed it's a bit "too much"...
Part 3 is nice, but it could do with sounds from part 1 and 2, IMO.

Better one song but ...mumble mumble... first part good ...mumble mumble ...second part too much ...mumble mumble ...bring second part to recycling center :ugeek: ...mumble mumble ...third part ...dirsturbing armony ...mumble mumble ...could do with sounds from 1 ...mumble mumble ... :idea: I've got it!

Be patient, a new draft is comming. Listen to this "http://youtu.be/GLZxZpT9owE" during the waiting. ;)

Fell free to continue to comment the first draft. Thank you all.
Fabioguar

PreviousNext

Return to Building