Escher's Relativity is doable

If you feel like you're up to the challenge of building your own Ages in Blender or 3ds Max, this is the place for you!

Re: Escher's Relativity is doable

Postby Karkadann » Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:44 pm

Any word on when we get to see the updates?
The Optimist see's the glass half full, The Pessimist see's the glass half empty.
Its the Realist who see's the glass is half full with air, half full with water
Karkadann

Postby tachzusamm » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:12 am

Karkadann wrote:Any word on when we get to see the updates?

Oh... sorry. I somehow missed this post. Been busy the last weeks with work, and I did not do much in summer.
But the project continues, of course.

Calena should not have send me the files *grin* - in the first place she thought I would just have a look at the tech, fix something here and there, and will release it then. Well, true, that was the plan. But while working on it, I got too many ideas, things I felt must be improved, added, done a bit different. So I expanded the house and added roofs, added hedges, wrote new scripts to realize new techniques (AlcScript is now about 14.000 lines of code :o , and Python scripts not much less), added a transporter, and began to add a puzzle. I have more ideas for more puzzles of course, but a first one should be enough for this year's release.
And I improved the overall lighting again and a lot. Dynamic lightmaps where needed, for example. It's still a small, but constantly growing Age.

It's currently in a state where it wouldn't be a good idea to release it today (because the puzzle isn't finished yet), but I think it will not take too long until next release. Let's say, only weeks :P until Beta-test - if I can steal an hour or so each day from my time to work on it.

To make your time until then a bit shorter, here are some screenshots of the current status:

RelaV2_01.jpg
RelaV2_01.jpg (110.28 KiB) Viewed 5153 times

RelaV2_02.jpg
RelaV2_02.jpg (126.35 KiB) Viewed 5153 times

RelaV2_03.jpg
RelaV2_03.jpg (147.1 KiB) Viewed 5153 times
tachzusamm

Postby tachzusamm » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:16 am

And some more:
RelaV2_05.jpg
RelaV2_05.jpg (184.09 KiB) Viewed 5152 times

RelaV2_06.jpg
RelaV2_06.jpg (154.22 KiB) Viewed 5152 times

RelaV2_07.jpg
RelaV2_07.jpg (99.83 KiB) Viewed 5152 times
tachzusamm

Postby Wamduskasapa » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:39 am

NOW This I Like

I HOPE that this will also meet the requirements for inclusion into Gehn Shard - PLEASE
Computer = MotherBoard MSI X99S GAMING 7 - Intel I7-6950X
Dual MSI GeForce GTX 1080
64GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 Predator Memory
Dual Samsung 1TB SSD Pro - Dual Seagate 4TB SSHD
Excelvan 5.25" Multi-Function Media Dashboard
Wamduskasapa

Postby janaba » Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:04 am

:shock: ... OMG ... OMG, what is this!!! ... It is almost unbelievable ... This has developed into a whole new age and world, and so awesome, so extraordinarily beautiful and ... and ... Wow!!! just Wow!!! ... Thanks for sharing this with us ahead of time, Tach ... :P

And yes, Wam, I absolutely agree with you, though I not only hope but expect it to be considered as such ... :)
janaba

Postby Calena » Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:37 am

Tach, thanks for the new screen shots. They don't really do the age justice though; screen shots rarely do. I predict that the community is going to love what you've developed :D .

It will be good to have some company as I keep picking my jaw up off the floor! I'd like to give a thumbs up to all those that have contributed to Relativity. Tach may be our undisputed mastermind, but our contributions weren't exactly chump change ;) . He certainly did bring it all together and turn into something incredible though. I've had zero complaints as I've waited for Tach to finish his work. It's worth it.
Galatians 2: 20-21

"Don't mess with me today. I have my CAPS LOCK key and I know how to use it!"
Calena

Postby Karkadann » Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:00 pm

speechless
The Optimist see's the glass half full, The Pessimist see's the glass half empty.
Its the Realist who see's the glass is half full with air, half full with water
Karkadann

Postby Chacal » Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:34 pm

Awesome!
Chacal

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong."
-- Mahatma Gandhi
Chacal

Postby dendwaler » Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:11 pm

Awesome!

and much more then that!
definitely the best quality build Fanage until now for the "Plasma" gameengine, without any doubt.
Those wonderfull Worlds are called " Ages" , because that is what it takes to build one.

Watch my latest Video Or even better..... watch the Cathedral's Complete Walkthrough made by Suleika!
dendwaler

Postby Ainia » Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:06 pm

Shorah!

tachzusamm, what awesome work! It will be *hard* to be patient while awaiting a chance to explore this wonder for myself!! :)

Has any thought been given to submitting this as a Fan addition to the MOULa server?? I know that Sevkor isn't yet ready for deployment as a Fan Age nexus, but Relativity would make an incredible first addition there...
ImageImage
Ainia

PreviousNext

Return to Building