basics noobs issues :)

If you feel like you're up to the challenge of building your own Ages in Blender or 3ds Max, this is the place for you!

basics noobs issues :)

Postby sonic'son » Wed Jan 09, 2008 2:26 pm

Hello, i just started to begin to learn blender (sorry for my english and for my noobs question that i will ask)...

first, i try to clik on "create a new book" and console say : "Import error no module name alcconfig"

before i have install all (and unzip the snapshot of PyPRP in the good(?) folder). and then it is said :

"Click the File Paths button, beside the Python box, one of the buttons says 'Re-evaluate scripts registration in menus'"

i didnt find this buttons, maybe that's the reason why it not working ??
sonic'son

Re: basics noobs issues :)

Postby Jojon » Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:37 pm

sonic'son wrote:i didnt find this buttons, maybe that's the reason why it not working ??
Things change and move all the time, between Blender releases: make one window a Scripts one (there you have the box with the python picture). The top option in the scripts menu should be "Update menus".
Jojon

Postby sonic'son » Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:01 pm

oups, I didnt unzip the Pyprp files in the good folder, now, all files are in the blender's scripts folder , and when i clik on "create a book" it is written on the terminal :

-"Creating a book" (sounds good :) and then
-"[< alcresmanager.alcUruPage instance at 0x0AC5C210>,< alcresmanager.alcUruPage instance at 0x0AC5C418>,< alcresmanager.alcUruPage instance at 0x0AC5C468>]"

so maybe bad unzipped .....

because when i go in panels i see no property, and if i did well i have to see "name:book...." euh i think :)
sonic'son

Postby Nadnerb » Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:19 pm

No, that's fine. That means it worked. Check layer 3 and you'll see the objects it created.

-"[< alcresmanager.alcUruPage instance at 0x0AC5C210>,< alcresmanager.alcUruPage instance at 0x0AC5C418>,< alcresmanager.alcUruPage instance at 0x0AC5C468>]" is just a list of the objects it created.
Live KI: 34914 MOULa KI: 23247 Gehn KI: 11588 Available Ages: TunnelDemo3, BoxAge, Odema
Nadnerb

Postby sonic'son » Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:05 am

yeah it works thank you ....

but

i dont have the properties, like : name:book ; max capacity; sequence prefix... in the pannel window..

does i have to create them ?
sonic'son

Postby andylegate » Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:31 pm

Uhm......

okay, once you look on layer 3 and see the boxes that represent the books, right click on the biggest box to select it.

Then in your buttons menu, click on the purple smiley face, that's the logic properties button. You should see them now.
"I'm still trying to find the plKey for Crud!"
Blender Age Creation Tutorials
3DS Max Age Creation Tutorials
andylegate

Postby sonic'son » Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:40 pm

thanks a lot,

it works :d, see you for the next noob problem :lol:

maybe it will help someone , one day :)
sonic'son

Return to Building