IPO Animations

If you feel like you're up to the challenge of building your own Ages in Blender or 3ds Max, this is the place for you!

IPO Animations

Postby Embreon » Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:23 am

I'm working on some animations in my age and i wonderd because i could not get it working if
it would be possible to animate light Energy so you can dim and brighten your light with a button.

A nother thing I also tried and did not seem to get working is that I want a Fan to spin when the button is pressed ounce ,
and when pressed twice i want it to stop . ( On cmd start -> loop -> On cmd stop )

Thanks for the help .
Embreon

Re: IPO Animations

Postby Nadnerb » Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:50 pm

You can do both things.

First, lights in plasma don't actually have an 'energy' setting, but their color values aren't clamped to < 1. What you'll need to do is create an animation that affects the color of the light, and scale it so that it has the brightness that you want.

As for the button to start and stop an animation, this is pretty simple to do with a responder. Have the first state send a message start the animation, and the second send a message to stop it. (and of course, set each state to switch to the other) Then, each time the button notifies the responder it will send a different message.

Examples of both the multi state responder script and the light color animation can be found in the example files posted here.
Live KI: 34914 MOULa KI: 23247 Gehn KI: 11588 Available Ages: TunnelDemo3, BoxAge, Odema
Nadnerb

Postby Embreon » Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:50 pm

Thanks for you reply ,

I'm going to give that thing a try with the color effects of the lights .
And on the start and stop animation script , I have a script working with a button that first lets it play it forward and then lets it play backwards but I haven't found a way to make it stop during the animation.
Also what is wondered , in the tutorial the script that the use say's that you can use two animations for one objects , but how can you make two animations on one object in blender ?

- type: animcmdmsg
params:
receivers:
- 006D:Deur
animname: Deur
cmds:
- setforwards
- continue
waiton: -1

- type: animcmdmsg
params:
receivers:
- 006D:Deur
animname: Deur
cmds:
- setbackwards
- continue
waiton: -1
Embreon

Postby Nadnerb » Wed Dec 24, 2008 1:51 am

what you can do is separate one animation into multiple animations by setting the loopstart and loopend properties in the animation definition script. So one animation, with a distinct name, would be from time 0 - 15 seconds of the blender animation, and another could be seconds 16 - 20 of the blender animation.
Live KI: 34914 MOULa KI: 23247 Gehn KI: 11588 Available Ages: TunnelDemo3, BoxAge, Odema
Nadnerb

Postby Embreon » Thu Dec 25, 2008 2:15 pm

Tried the RGB animation and it seemd to work in blender and URU
The only thing is that it only works when I put it on autostart and loop.
If i connect it to a button script it won't start the animation and I use the same script for other animations that do work...
Is there a different animation cmd for lights ?
Because its - 006D for objects and - 0011 for sounds ...

Thanks

Here is a link to the .blend file
http://www.yourfilelink.com/get.php?fid=479258
Embreon

Postby Embreon » Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:09 pm

Anyone ???
Embreon

Postby Grogyan » Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:11 pm

http://guildofwriters.com/wiki/Animations

Look at Nadnerbs example Age with the platform or the door
Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all
Grogyan

Postby Embreon » Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:27 am

I tried this cmd msg and i just doesn't work ....
Embreon

Return to Building