Eder Bahrehltahn - Warning! Large Pictures and Spoilers!

If you feel like you're up to the challenge of building your own Ages in Blender or 3ds Max, this is the place for you!

Re: Eder Bahrehltahn - Warning! Large Pictures and Spoilers!

Postby BAD » Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:02 pm

:D Looks and sounds great guys!
BAD is as good as he gets
BAD

Postby Shoggoth » Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:41 pm

5TheStranger5 wrote:"I fear i cannot write much here of what has transgressed- but if i do not write it here then where? i have to record this somewhere; our ancient and sacred society must be preserved as it always has been....."

Well-written, but I think the word you're looking for is "transpired," which means "occurred." "Transgressed" means "passed beyond a boundary" or "acted in violation of law." Then again, I don't know the context intimately - you might have picked exactly the right word, for all I know.
Remember to capitalize the word "I," as well.
No offense meant at all - I just think the phrasing is quite good and it would be a shame to miss something as simple as the above.

Oh, yeah, and the Age looks nice, too. :D
Shoggoth

Postby ZURI » Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:00 pm

Chacal wrote:The cables seem very bright in those pictures. I would expect cables to become quickly dark as they reach up to the ceiling.

Cables? What cables? ;) I agree, they didn't look right. Honestly, they're more of a legacy idea from the original model. In the future, if enough time is available, I may reintroduce them with more detailed connections.

Also, I didn't like the way the stalagmite and stalagtite looked, so I re-modelled/textured them.
Attachments
UruExplorer 2010-03-19 20-48-03-84.jpg
UruExplorer 2010-03-19 20-48-03-84.jpg (89.6 KiB) Viewed 3364 times
MOULagain KI: 45001
ZURI

Postby 5TheStranger5 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:57 pm

"The tunnel where our order has gathered for thousands of years was conceived during the times of the first great leaders, and the tunnel Book has passed from each leader to the next. The chain has never been broken, and our wisest elder still possesses the Book. The others have been talking about him as of late, referring to him as "our good friend". He has become a respected and wise leader of our order; hopefully I will get the chance to meet him soon. He only appears at the times of the gatherings, and none know of where he truly resides....."

~Journal Of Ash'taroth
Last edited by 5TheStranger5 on Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Isyeerehmah Re'bahrehltahn ~ Shetehnehmah Re'bahrehltav
Rever The Maker ~ Cherish The Made
5TheStranger5

Postby 5TheStranger5 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:12 am

"The reason for such secrecy is quite clear now. The rest of D'ni simply wouldn't understand; their minds are clouded with disbelief. The more I grow towards the group the further I grow away from my home here. My family's beliefs reside where my own are, and so they too have sacrificed in order to know more of our great order, and of our Maker. I know they will be beside me in the years to come, and for that I am thankful....."

~Journal Of Ash'taroth
5TheStranger5

Postby Jadawin12 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:26 am

A facinating Age Stranger keep up the good work.
Thelonius "Prof" Higginsbottom
KI: 01632887
Jadawin12

Postby ametist » Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:40 am

Interesting with a backstory here! And I really like the texturing of the age shown in these pics. Looks like a fascinating age coming up :)
ametist

Postby Chuckles58 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:41 am

That overhanging pathway looks like it may tempt a jumping party to see if it is secure.

The journal excerpts sound great, Stranger.
Image<----Click for info
Chuckles58

Postby ZURI » Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:46 am

8-) Yes, yes it may.
MOULagain KI: 45001
ZURI

Postby 5TheStranger5 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:07 am

"Today while we were gathered, I saw him. The one that everyone has been talking about. I was told to address him as Shetehntahn, but also heard many call out to him as the "White Figure". I asked one of my order what this meant, and he told me about the paintings I had seen lining the walls of the tunnel. Sure enough, the great Shetehntahn is in them; portrayed always as a figure painted in white. Many great murals and carvings have been added to the tunnel to honor his wisdom, which flows from and leads us closer to the Maker of worlds..."

~Journal Of Ash'taroth
5TheStranger5

PreviousNext

Return to Building