Eder Bahrehltahn - Warning! Large Pictures and Spoilers!

If you feel like you're up to the challenge of building your own Ages in Blender or 3ds Max, this is the place for you!

Re: Eder Bahrehltahn - Warning! Large Pictures and Spoilers!

Postby diafero » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:08 am

Unfortunately, it's almost impossible for me to see anything on these images :(
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby ZURI » Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:02 am

:cry: Hmm. Did you use the URU monitor calibration utility to adjust your screen brightness? Either way, I added a touch of light. Hope this helps. Sorry the pictures aren't really bright - it's in a dark cave.

Don't forget to turn the (RL) lights out. :)
Attachments
UruExplorer 2010-03-26 10-51-44-01.jpg
UruExplorer 2010-03-26 10-51-44-01.jpg (140.74 KiB) Viewed 3578 times
UruExplorer 2010-03-26 10-44-29-40.jpg
UruExplorer 2010-03-26 10-44-29-40.jpg (167.61 KiB) Viewed 3578 times
UruExplorer 2010-03-26 10-43-15-78.jpg
UruExplorer 2010-03-26 10-43-15-78.jpg (165.22 KiB) Viewed 3578 times
MOULagain KI: 45001
ZURI

Postby diafero » Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:46 am

I set up my screen according to some tutorial of the computer magazine I subscribed, and it turned out that the settings are exactly identical to the Uru screen calibration (i.e. I can barely recognize the "Uru" text). So I'm quite confident my screen is bright enough to distinguish all flavours of grey, and still not too bright since darker is better for the eye.

That will be hard to do since the main one sits about 150 million kilometres away :P
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby ZURI » Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:06 pm

diafero wrote:I set up my screen according to some tutorial of the computer magazine I subscribed, and it turned out that the settings are exactly identical to the Uru screen calibration (i.e. I can barely recognize the "Uru" text). So I'm quite confident my screen is bright enough to distinguish all flavours of grey, and still not too bright since darker is better for the eye.

That will be hard to do since the main one sits about 150 million kilometres away :P

Good point about the "big" light. ....You don't live outside do you?.... :D

I've been working on brightening it up a bit. It's been time consuming, because I have adjusted all the materials in that room to have a low ambiance and deep colors. Thanks for letting me know it's too dark for you. It is being taken into serious account. :)
ZURI

Postby diafero » Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:37 pm

I didn't feel like closing the shutter just to view the images ;-)

But now that big light went away (let's hope it comes back tomorrow :) ), and after switching my room light off and switching to the dark GoW style on these forums (my eyes prefer dark text on bright ground, so I usually use prosilver), I can indeed see something on these pictures... something promising :)

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby 5TheStranger5 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:18 am

Shorah

I'll take this opportunity to delve a bit further into the backstory.

It consists of several parts, the first being the Journal of a D'ni man known as Ash'taroth. He was of common D'ni blood, and he and his family were bound at some point in time to a secret society known as the "Children Of Yahvo".

Throughout D'ni history there have been numerous sects or groups of religious fanatics. The Children Of Yahvo had survived, flourishing and then vanishing back into the shadows without trace; or so it would seem. It appears that the group was still around during Ash's time in D'ni, and he and his family were devout followers.

Their "order" met each night in Tar'sahl, which was also know to them as the "Tunnel", a wondrously crafted Age that had been written thousands of years before, by their descendants. The descriptive Book to that Age was passed in secrecy to each great leader of the cult, and so the Age had always been kept safe.

At the time Ash's journal begins, the leader of the group was a D'ni man by the name of Shetehntahn; a great Writer of D'ni and a wise prophet, he was a mysterious leader who only appeared when the group gathered in the Tunnel.

When the Fall came, the Children Of Yahvo escaped to Tar'sahl, and it was here that the great Shetehntahn discovered their true means of escape. He claimed to have visions, and somehow was able to open what was known as the "Great Door", an intricately crafted mechanical seal within the "Vault Room" at the end of the Tunnel.

The way into the Door had been lost over time; even his own people could not enter it, but Shetehntahn found the way in. What he found on the other side of the Door was amazing - a "Tree Room" masterfully designed thousands of years ago, and there, in the alcove of a great Tree, the "kormahn", or descriptive Book, of the Age of Eder Bahrehltahn.

They had thought that the Book was lost, but now they had found it again. They had found the Age of the Maker again; the ancient Age of their secret order. And so they fled there to escape the Fall, and bolted the Great Door behind them again, so that none could follow them.

Ash'taroth's journal ends after the Great Door is barred, and the story continues through the eyes of another mysterious inhabitant of D'ni, a man by the name of Mihrotahn. I'll let him tell you what he found in his own words.....enjoy

~Stranger
Isyeerehmah Re'bahrehltahn ~ Shetehnehmah Re'bahrehltav
Rever The Maker ~ Cherish The Made
5TheStranger5

Postby 5TheStranger5 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:19 am

"Its strange how things happen down here - the coming and going of explorers like myself, some of their names lost in time; the coming and going of the Bahro, who are the unseen. It has been many years since I first arrived, and D'ni has become my life....."

~Journal Of Mihrotahn
5TheStranger5

Postby 5TheStranger5 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:30 am

"I first came to D'ni with the intention of finding out what had happened here. I learned what I knew on the surface from my native friend, and he had shared many historical accounts of D'ni and its history - ancient relics and fragmented legends of his own lost tribe. I wanted to know more, and so I began searching; not really knowing what I might discover....."

"I stumbled upon a space between all spaces; the very place where the D'ni people dug upwards from below. I climbed down, wanting to know more, not fearing death for the sake of finding knowledge. I have found that death will find you anywhere, even underground, and now it seems I don't have long before my own Maker takes me, for I have grown old since I first discovered this place....."

~Journal Of Mihrotahn
5TheStranger5

Postby 5TheStranger5 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:35 am

"What I have found is more; so much more than I had anticipated, and I am finding new venues each day to sustain my growing desire and thirst for the knowledge this place contains. The D'ni came here many thousands of years ago to return to a humble way of living; here to this dim lit Cavern to rebuild their culture and begin again. The stories, history, and tragedy they left behind are near overwhelming - for there are great lessons to be learned here, many paths leading in every direction; one leading to truth, the others leading to pride, deceit, and failure....."

~Journal Of Mihrotahn
5TheStranger5

Postby ZURI » Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:01 pm

Views of one of the smaller "islands" found in the age, as well as a Stained Glass.
Attachments
KIimage0036.jpg
KIimage0036.jpg (29.7 KiB) Viewed 3470 times
KIimage0014.jpg
KIimage0014.jpg (42.09 KiB) Viewed 3470 times
ZURI

PreviousNext

Return to Building