Eder Bahrehltahn - Warning! Large Pictures and Spoilers!

If you feel like you're up to the challenge of building your own Ages in Blender or 3ds Max, this is the place for you!

Re: Eder Bahrehltahn - Warning! Large Pictures and Spoilers!

Postby 5TheStranger5 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:06 pm

"In my time in this place of many places I have found many things that cannot be explained; at least, in a sense that the history of them has been lost to time itself. Things that once belonged to the D'ni - their homes, their clothing, and of course- their Books. Although many have been found in our own time of exploration, the likely chances of a Book even being left behind were slim. It can be assumed that most of the Books that have been found were left behind due to certain circumstances(like the Great Fall), and Books such as these have become a great joy for me to discover. Most of them tell of the things we already know about the D'ni; places and events we may or may not have been subject to, but have knowledge of. These Books are the bulk of our Journey, the places we have learned from. There is always a lesson to be learned; knowledge to be gained - in the Ages, and in the future to come....."

~Journal Of Mihrotahn
Last edited by 5TheStranger5 on Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Isyeerehmah Re'bahrehltahn ~ Shetehnehmah Re'bahrehltav
Rever The Maker ~ Cherish The Made
5TheStranger5

Postby 5TheStranger5 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:10 pm

"Yet there are those rare finds(and I haven't found many which is no surprise knowing how the D'ni worked)that tell of events and places we may have never been subject to, and that would have remained lost if it were not for chance alone of them being found. When we find these kinds of Books and writings, they sometimes fill in the empty spaces of a long lost history we still only know little of. Some mention certain circumstances we may have not been aware existed in D'ni society, and what I am about to share deals with these later kinds of Books, particularly three of them which I have discovered and still possess....."

~Journal Of Mihrotahn
5TheStranger5

Postby 5TheStranger5 » Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:28 pm

"Not two days ago, while I was exploring an area in the City I had not previously seen(it was obvious to me that it was a wealthy housing district), I discovered the ruined home of a D'ni man and his family. The man's name was Ash'taroth. After examining the house, I uncovered a dark red, leather bound journal of some length belonging to Ash, which is the name I have come to know him by. Also, amidst the remains of one of the broken walls, I found a small niche compartment containing a single black leather bound korvahk.

I thumbed through the journal, stopping on every page to adjust my mind to exactly what I was reading. The journal was amazing - it spoke of an unknown secret society, known as the Children of Yahvo, and of how they had planned to leave D'ni just before the Fall. The society itself was ancient, being formed during the first thousand years of the migration to the Cavern, and it had flourished many times throughout history and had always remained intact, even up to the times of the Fall, at which time Ash himself was a member.

The journal told of an ancient "tunnel Age" known as Tar'sahl, and a vault room above it that had been used for thousands of years to house their gatherings and ceremonies. It was in that place that they came at last, before whatever fate had befallen them, and the writings in Ash's journal had ended there, just as many of the histories and undiscovered events in D'ni unfold. Having found these two Books, I knew Ash must have left them here for some reason; perhaps he wanted them to be discovered eventually. I had never seen anything like it before, and most likely never will again. Time is not enough, and I have grown old here.

What's even more interesting is the korvahk that I found. The link is still perfectly intact and the image of the place is crisp and clear. Time has been kind to the Book, but the longer I keep it, it slowly deteriorates from age, and I must handle it carefully in order to preserve it. I have placed it with the rest of my Books, and those in a secret location of my own design....."

~Journal Of Mihrotahn
5TheStranger5

Postby 5TheStranger5 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:20 pm

"Eventually I did muster up enough courage to try the link to Tar'sahl. It indeed lead to a spherical shaped "Link Room", with a beautifully crafted, suspended walkway stretching out in the distance to a darkened tunnel entrance. Stunning to behold and a rarity even in D'ni, intricately designed panes of bright colored stained glass depicted early events and important symbols of the great order that once inhabited that dimly lit space....."

"A much wider room could be seen on the other side of the tunnel. I tried the walkway, and it seemed sturdy enough. The Tunnel of Tar'sahl was brilliant - it contained many interesting murals, all depicting events that had taken place there over the years. I will be returning to examine them in much greater detail, as it is quite evident that they contain more than mere simple visual explanations. After entering the tunnel, I was able to gain access to the upper "Vault Room" beyond..."

~Journal Of Mihrotahn
5TheStranger5

Postby ZURI » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:39 pm

Hey folks. There will be a slight delay in the development of this age. Unfortunately, I had a system failure and lost a lot of data. Most of the textures for the age were among them. However, I believe all of the files for the current version are backed up. In the midst of many unforseen RL issues of late, I have not gotten around to checking them.

In the meantime, I have tons of artwork and other materials, that I hope will fill the void for a bit. Some of them have found their way into the Age - and some are merely concepts. I hope you enjoy them, as I enjoyed making them. :)

You might have to maximize your browser. I just noticed the first pic is off-center. I apologize for this.
Attachments
SCAN0002.jpg
Originally, I had the idea for a tropical village for our age. This is one of the sketches I made for the idea. This is not "canon" for the age. It's merely a concept sketch.
SCAN0002.jpg (160.36 KiB) Viewed 3903 times
SCAN0004.jpg
This is a Stained Glass piece. It is among the pieces of artwork that were preserved. It will be included with the age
SCAN0004.jpg (153.64 KiB) Viewed 3903 times
New_SCAN0022.jpg
This is the original sketch for the Vault Room. It is not "canon" as I deviated from it in the modelling.
New_SCAN0022.jpg (141.12 KiB) Viewed 3903 times
MOULagain KI: 45001
ZURI

Postby 5TheStranger5 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:14 am

"The vault room opened into a wide circular gallery, a beautifully crafted room which was the main area of the group's activities. I noted a strange system of both numbers and symbols inlaid all around the ceiling and floor there. Around the circumference of the room were 12 stones of equal size adorned with intricate carvings. From the entries in Ash's Journal, I deduced that there were six "Story" stones that told of the society's existence through the many centuries. There had been 6 great leaders of the group that had come forth, and each one had added a stone and a story. The story stones had carvings that depicted the group's deep religious devotion to Yahvo, whom they referred to as the Maker.There were 6 "Symbol" stones as well; again from Ash's journal, I found that they were connected to the numbers and symbols I had seen....."

"Across the Vault Room, I found the Great Door that was magnificent to behold. Intricately crafted upon it, the carved silhouette of a mighty Tree, and inside of it's trunk rested a Book. There were slots to match the symbols as well. After some time, I found the way into the Door, with the help of the symbol stones and Ash's vague hints. I will not divulge here exactly how this was accomplished, but one can pass beyond that massive Door; just as Shetehntahn and the Children of Yahvo did long ago....."

~Journal Of Mihrotahn
5TheStranger5

Postby ZURI » Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:21 am

Here are a few more.

The first is the original sketch for the Vault Door.

Second is of a grove of trees in the Eder.
Attachments
New_SCAN0017.jpg
New_SCAN0017.jpg (102.66 KiB) Viewed 3871 times
New_SCAN0014.jpg
New_SCAN0014.jpg (200.42 KiB) Viewed 3871 times
ZURI

Postby 5TheStranger5 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:02 pm

"The D'ni had great respect for "terohk jeruth" or "the Tree Of Possibility", since it was the first creation of the Maker, and according to creation, all things were made under it's might. I came into a large cylindrical "Tree" room; its heights and depths could not be seen. In the center of the room was the Tree - its roots stretching down into the dark mists below, and it's branches held up to the darkened and mist shrouded heights above. Wondrously crafted hanging banners and panes of "Story Glass" accented the ceiling above the Tree and the walls and walkway there. The room was simply amazing. An expertly designed suspended staircase lead out to the Tree itself. Many of the symbols were here in the Tree Room as well. I deduced that each one had something more to do with this place. Although Ash had never fully described what had been on the other side of the Great Door, now it was evident that they had truly gone further into the unknown....."

"Then all else was as nothing. I saw it - in a small room within the Tree itself. A dimly lit niche carved from the inside of the Tree, it's walls and ceiling adorned with murals and depictions of a mysterious place. What my eyes had actually stopped on was the Book. Resting on an intricate pedestal carved into the shape of the Tree was the kormahn of Eder Bahrehltahn. They had left it behind! Beside the kormahn was another smaller but delicately crafted testimonial book that revealed why they had come back here and why they left the Book behind. I will remain here for some time studying this place and what I have found....."

~Journal Of Mihrotahn
5TheStranger5

Postby 5TheStranger5 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:57 pm

"Since I have been gone, things have changed here in the Cavern....."

"I left the Book there - I have seen that often when Books are moved or taken from their resting places, changes somehow occur in Ages, for good or ill. Such is the fate of the Books, and the fate of the Ages. I did take the tunnel testimonial, and the korvahk to the tunnel, along with Ash's journal. As long as I possess the korvahk, and can assume that their are no other viable links into it save mine, then the kormahn in the Tree room will remain safe as it has for thousands of years......"

"The understanding of these enigmatic people has taken me longer to realize than expected, and now the Called are coming, here to D'ni. And their Caller - I have learned of what She knows and have seen what She can do. I sometimes think of what the Children would have thought of Her. I grow weaker by the moment, and can only hope that someone will come along that I can trust with this - someone willing to explore deeper, and uncover more. I will do what I can to help the Called, for we travel the same paths, and we have all come to understand that the Least have become Greatest here now....."

~Journal Of Mihrotahn
5TheStranger5

Postby ZURI » Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:33 pm

A few snippets of detail in the Vault Room. This was the main meeting place for the inhabitants during the time before the opening of the Great Door. It is still a WIP, so I can't show full-room shots yet. :) The the multi-faceted mesh is Karkadann's creation. Thanks man!
Attachments
KIimage0017.jpg
KIimage0017.jpg (63.41 KiB) Viewed 3774 times
KIimage0030.jpg
KIimage0030.jpg (80 KiB) Viewed 3774 times
KIimage0029.jpg
KIimage0029.jpg (58.73 KiB) Viewed 3774 times
ZURI

PreviousNext

Return to Building