Eder Bahrehltahn - Warning! Large Pictures and Spoilers!

If you feel like you're up to the challenge of building your own Ages in Blender or 3ds Max, this is the place for you!

Re: Eder Bahrehltahn - Warning! Large Pictures and Spoilers!

Postby ZURI » Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:19 pm

Starting to really get the hang of the whole texturing bit. It's amazing what you can do with a few pictures of rocks and dirt. :)
Attachments
KIimage0033.jpg
KIimage0033.jpg (49.82 KiB) Viewed 3484 times
KIimage0035.jpg
KIimage0035.jpg (51.04 KiB) Viewed 3484 times
MOULagain KI: 45001
ZURI

Postby 5TheStranger5 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:52 pm

"At last, I feel like a heavy weight is being lifted from me. I have spoken with one of the Called; "Stranger" he is known by the others. On my way down from the surface, I remembered seeing a name scratched into the wall. I could only guess who had made it, but it described exactly what I was to this ancient place at that time. So I took for myself the name Mihrotahn, which is D'ni for "stranger". I find myself wondering sometimes just how many "strangers" have come down here...."

~Journal Of Mihrotahn
Isyeerehmah Re'bahrehltahn ~ Shetehnehmah Re'bahrehltav
Rever The Maker ~ Cherish The Made
5TheStranger5

Postby 5TheStranger5 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:08 pm

"Coincidence? Perhaps. But it is true and he is here, along with others who are wise, and willing to learn. Soon he will want to know more; and I feel like he can be trusted. Stranger is a true seeker of knowledge, and he is ready for all that D'ni holds. So when the time is right, I will show him the korvahk that links to Tar'sahl, and hope that he can understand what I have only glimpsed, and want to know more about these lost people and their ancient order....."

~Journal Of Mihrotahn
5TheStranger5

Postby 5TheStranger5 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:05 pm

"I have shown him all the Books, and we have gone to the Tree room and seen the kormahn there. He has promised to do what he can to preserve things as they are. He is going to Eder Bahrehltahn soon, along with a team of several explorers. I believe in him; like me, he has gained much wisdom in his own time down here. I want to go, but I know I do not have it within me to make the journey. I have only dreamed of what Eder Bahreltahn might truly be like; perhaps this Stranger can find out what's really on the other side. In my time down here in this place of many places, I have all but become D'ni. My Maker calls....."

~Journal Of Mihrotahn
5TheStranger5

Postby ZURI » Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:46 pm

Hello everyone. Due to circumstances beyond my control - I may not have internet access for the next few weeks or even months. In light of this, I have been working overtime lately to get some more updates posted while I still can.

The story of Eder Bahrehltahn is very complex and deep. Due to this, it is comprised of several separate ages. This is a quick preview of one of the Rest Ages. There is much detail to be added, but here you can see the general layout.

The water surrounding the island is swimmable, and I will be adding seafoam during my time away. Also, the water in the pool is animated, with ripples - and the nose looking thing is one part of what will be a rather complex fountain.

Some vegetation has begun to grow, but it's going to need more than a few daisies. ;)

I'll also be adding a gazebo, some benches and chairs - as well as a firepit, some cool lamps or torches and probably a beachball to play with. (Does anyone know of a way to make it float??) :?

The textures for the temple at the rear aren't finished yet - so it's hard to make out the detail on it. I want it to be special, so there's no sense in rushing things. :)

A big thanks goes out to tachzusamm for the tree model. I need to add the bushy parts still, but they'll look great when done. I appreciate it!

I hope you all enjoy the pics. I'll indeed miss being away - but unless I find a place to live in an internet connection - it may be a while. Take care and I'll hurry back soon!
Attachments
KIimage0018.jpg
KIimage0018.jpg (85.78 KiB) Viewed 3418 times
KIimage0016.jpg
KIimage0016.jpg (106.37 KiB) Viewed 3418 times
KIimage0015.jpg
KIimage0015.jpg (111.73 KiB) Viewed 3418 times
ZURI

Postby ZURI » Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:47 pm

A few more.
Attachments
KIimage0023.jpg
KIimage0023.jpg (94.14 KiB) Viewed 3418 times
KIimage0021.jpg
KIimage0021.jpg (87.98 KiB) Viewed 3418 times
KIimage0019.jpg
KIimage0019.jpg (66.13 KiB) Viewed 3418 times
ZURI

Postby ZURI » Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:48 pm

Lastly is a pic of the underside of the rock. Looks like a good place to setup camp during construction. I'm going to go scour the shores for driftwood to start a fire. See ya when I get back. :D
Attachments
KIimage0024.jpg
KIimage0024.jpg (68.8 KiB) Viewed 3417 times
ZURI

Postby 5TheStranger5 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:39 pm

I'll continue to post portions of the story of Eder Bahrehltahn while Zuri is away, and those will be in the Storytellers section. Hope you all have enjoyed this brief intro to the story and the Age - can't wait to explore it with you all, and unravel the mysteries and wonders it holds :D

~Stranger
5TheStranger5

Postby ZURI » Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:22 pm

I have returned. Did anyone miss me? Didn't think so... :D

During my absence, I have found some time here and there to work on my ages. Here are a few pics that show some of the most visible changes (most of the work was ironing out small "barely noticable" changes). I spent a considerable amount of time optimizing meshes, textures and the like.

I'm not sure if Stranger is back, but when he is - I'm sure we'll start back up in force.
Attachments
KIimage0002.jpg
KIimage0002.jpg (42.76 KiB) Viewed 3362 times
KIimage0001.jpg
KIimage0001.jpg (52.24 KiB) Viewed 3362 times
ZURI

Postby ZURI » Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:23 pm

2 more.
Attachments
KIimage0004.jpg
KIimage0004.jpg (53.31 KiB) Viewed 3362 times
KIimage0003.jpg
KIimage0003.jpg (45.88 KiB) Viewed 3362 times
ZURI

PreviousNext

Return to Building