My second basic age - an island

If you feel like you're up to the challenge of building your own Ages in Blender or 3ds Max, this is the place for you!

Re: My second basic age - an island

Postby Rabenschwinge » Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:35 am

I exported the example-age today, and tried it ingame.

I like the way the waveset is looking, it seems to work really good like that. I´ll try to use a similar one on my second age, if I may?

And I really like the rotating sky, will have to learn how to do this :)

Something although isn´t working correctly: The reflection of the sky on the waveset is "lagging" -> it is some 2-3 seconds behind the animation of the sky, and pausing for less than a second. That looks weird - what could cause that?

Thank you for this insight, it helps a lot! And thank you for the hint with loading single objects out of blend-files!

About the regions: Ah, yes, I remember reading about regions in some of the tutorials. I have refrained yet from using them, because I wanted to understand the "simpler" things first (is there actually anything simple in age building? :lol: )

On the other side - I used sound regions, which are quite similar to the other regions, aren´t they?
Rabenschwinge

Re: My second basic age - an island

Postby dendwaler » Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:48 am

The look of the waveset will be a bit better if you put a textured plane (not necessary to subdivide) as a bottom just above the plane of the waveset.
Ofcoarse you can use this way of working, its an open source community after all.
Only by sharing knowledge agewriting evolves.
The moving sky is described somewhere in the wiki, its quite simple once you know it.
Or import the dome and just change the texture to the one you like.
You can use the same kind of animation technic anywhere.

And finally yes, regions are just regions.
1 remark about regions.
Regions can be adjacent to each other , or regions can be inside other regions(nested) , but do not overlap them or you get problems.
Even if the regions are for different purposes.
Those wonderfull Worlds are called " Ages" , because that is what it takes to build one.

Watch my latest Video Or even better..... watch the Cathedral's Complete Walkthrough made by Suleika!
dendwaler

Previous

Return to Building