TurtleIsle V1 .......... Released!

If you feel like you're up to the challenge of building your own Ages in Blender or 3ds Max, this is the place for you!

Re: TurtleIsle V1 .......... Released!

Postby Chacal » Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:53 pm

Charura wrote:Why are the new ages not even able to run on newer computers?

It's not a question of them being new Ages.
It is because Cyan knew all the tricks to make their Ages playable.
Chacal

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong."
-- Mahatma Gandhi
Chacal

Postby Annabelle » Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:34 pm

dendwaler wrote

I will make an update for this age, and introduce much more colliders.
you won't be able to walk freely everywhere after that, but there is one big mesh which uses the triangle mesh as collission detection.

arggggggggg and I was beginning to like you ;) :lol: :lol:

I will have to find my "how to get around things" handbook...I must have left it somewhere, it helps me a lot in a lot of ages already :D
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby Charura » Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:24 pm

Chacal wrote: It is because Cyan knew all the tricks to make their Ages playable.

Me wonders when those flips and double doozies and 'just a nice landing' stuff is gonna be available..How much easier/nicer - could/would it be at that point?
Gehn Shard avvies: charura 10827 chickopee 142711 cannon belle 144577 char gearz 149794 teri dactyl 153077
Moul(a) Charura 55400 Chickopee 20089892 Cannon Belle 13686512 Char Gearz 706359 Teri Dactyl 12658065
Charura

Postby Egon » Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:47 pm

Charura wrote:
Chacal wrote: It is because Cyan knew all the tricks to make their Ages playable.

Me wonders when those flips and double doozies and 'just a nice landing' stuff is gonna be available..How much easier/nicer - could/would it be at that point?

But this "stuff" is available. To be more precisely it more of "know-how" to write an age. Stuff like:
- You don't do a chair with 4000 vertices if You can represent such object with 40 vertices.
- You don't use dynamic lightning on static object (which is like 90% of age content), but use light maps or vertex coloring instead.
etc.
Egon #2052375
Who You gonna call? Guild of Doorcallers! #5356672
Eder Tsogal/Delin Marathon
Egon

Postby kaelisebonrai » Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:09 am

Egon wrote:
Charura wrote:

But this "stuff" is available. To be more precisely it more of "know-how" to write an age. Stuff like:
- You don't do a chair with 4000 vertices if You can represent such object with 40 vertices.
- You don't use dynamic lightning on static object (which is like 90% of age content), but use light maps or vertex coloring instead.
etc.

Actually, not all of this "Stuff" is available, "Stuff" like visregions aren't in the blender plugin. And denwalder is definitely a competent modeler and Age Writer. =)

In any case: congratulations, denwalder on the release!
kaelisebonrai

Postby D'Lanor » Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:29 am

It is correct that the Blender plugin lacks lots of "stuff" but it does in fact support visregions.

Edit: They are a pain to set up though because you need to add AlcScript to each object within the visregion. :?
"It is in self-limitation that a master first shows himself." - Goethe
D'Lanor

Postby kaelisebonrai » Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:56 am

D'Lanor wrote:It is correct that the Blender plugin lacks lots of "stuff" but it does in fact support visregions.

Edit: They are a pain to set up though because you need to add AlcScript to each object within the visregion. :?

Weird, I was told it doesn't really do it properly >.> My mistake. =P

So occluders and visregions work properly? interesting >.>
kaelisebonrai

Postby D'Lanor » Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:50 am

Yep, Adrael for example has working visregions.
"It is in self-limitation that a master first shows himself." - Goethe
D'Lanor

Postby dendwaler » Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:54 am

Occluders ?
If they work please tell how, its the most important issue for me.
Visregions do work but i have not used them.
I have tried it, its not the alcscript why i decided to get rid of them.
Its because i did need an "in between region"
Like it excist in Gareeshen.
When you enter it door 1 opens and door two opens when door one is closed.
the problem was inmy case that you looked thru everuthing until you entered the second region.
i could not solve it with the available mesh , i could not longer alter it after everything which was ready.
Those wonderfull Worlds are called " Ages" , because that is what it takes to build one.

Watch my latest Video Or even better..... watch the Cathedral's Complete Walkthrough made by Suleika!
dendwaler

Postby andylegate » Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:53 pm

Gahreesen uses something else too. Everything inside the Training Building (the big rotating building), is not there, but built elsewhere. The avatar is "warped" or transported to the place where the inside of the building exists.

When that happens, the visregions are able to work. However, with the Blender plugin, you will have a problem doing it that way. It is because the Blender plugin does not support Multistage Behavior Mod. This is needed in order to get the avatar to walk where it's needed before it's warped, like in my video here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bfjRtowY30

When the camera switches to the outside door, the vis regions have worked, the rest of Neolbah that I was in before is no longer being rendered.

I did this with Max and the Cyan plugin of course, but I do wonder if there might be a work around for Blender people. I'm not sure why the Multistage Behavior Mod was never implimented, as it's quite useful. I used it in Eder Tomahn with the elevator levers. I was able to stack more than one avatar animation on top of the other. When I first tried it using One Shots, the avatar would "blink". But Multistage Behavior is built for having more than one avatar animation, and when I switched to that, the avatar animation became very smooth.
"I'm still trying to find the plKey for Crud!"
Blender Age Creation Tutorials
3DS Max Age Creation Tutorials
andylegate

PreviousNext

Return to Building