TurtleIsle V1 .......... Released!

If you feel like you're up to the challenge of building your own Ages in Blender or 3ds Max, this is the place for you!

Re: TurtleIsle V1 .......... Released!

Postby nathan2055 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:00 pm

Well, I get the slowdown as well (as you can see over at the topic I made earlier). Looks like the only computers that can access this Age (which I have been looking forward to for weeks, saw the "Just Released" section of UAM with it on there) are powerful gaming PCs. :shock: :o :( :cry:
Currently an official representative of the Guild of Writers.
Nathan2055 (01307567) on MO:ULagain - NAL2055 (00071382) on The Deep Island Shard
Community Nexus Project
nathan2055

Postby billyat » Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:53 pm

My PotS off-line version of TurtleIsle has serious performance issues. Even with my 3yr old 4CPU gamer framerates are below 10fps. I recently linked to TurtleIsle in DI and had a very pleasent surprise -- frame rates were up to 30fps and the age was even playable on my ancient 5yr old laptopl :!: I expected the same improvement in the UAM Shroud but alas got the same lousy performance as my PotS off-line version :evil: I tried replacing the dat files of the UAM TurtleIsle manually with the DI versions but the offending files were changed back when I linked in UAM. When will this new and much improved version be released to everyone :?: I think Turtle is the long awaited "great American novel" of the fan ages with Cyan quality graphics and gameplay and would like to see it playable by everyone.

I have one teeny suggestion: I noticed that there are 7 segments on the back of the turtle on the journeys -- why not make a different one light up when touching different journeys like the hands in URU? I have trouble remembering how many I've touched.

Some Men Interpret Nine Memos
billyat

Postby tangara » Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:42 pm

:( I am also waiting impatiently for the release of TurtleIsle to UAM to play it offline. I wrote on 01/06 at Dustin who told me that Dendwaler was just testing it right now and then he intends to release it. But the game has been updated on DI on 29.05 and I'm still waiting the update on UAM!
What's going on? :shock:
tangara

Postby nathan2055 » Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:36 pm

Yes, I was privately told that an update had been posted to DI after closed testing by diafero and a few others, but dendwaler apparently hasn't sent the update to Dustin. :!: UAM and offline players won't get the update until that happens. I'll PM dendwaler about that.
Nathan2055 (01307567) on MO:ULagain - NAL2055 (00071382) on The Deep Island Shard
Community Nexus Project
nathan2055

Postby tangara » Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:25 pm

Thanks. I hope it will be soon!
tangara

Postby tachzusamm » Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:11 pm

Be patient; dendwaler is on holidays since last wednesday and for about 3 weeks, as he told me.
tachzusamm

Postby bnewton81 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:43 am

What makes this age so graphics intensive? I can't even play it. I get much less than 1 frame per second. I don't have a very good gpu, but i have played deadspace 2, StarCraft 2, Dragon Age 2. I wouldn't expect an Uru age to be too much. I guess perhaps that it all comes down to how the textures are handled and the models.

Any insight?

I'm running on an i5 650 quad core with intel graphics (terrible I know).
bnewton81

Postby nathan2055 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:49 am

bnewton81 wrote:What makes this age so graphics intensive? I can't even play it. I get much less than 1 frame per second. I don't have a very good gpu, but i have played deadspace 2, StarCraft 2, Dragon Age 2. I wouldn't expect an Uru age to be too much. I guess perhaps that it all comes down to how the textures are handled and the models.

Any insight?

I'm running on an i5 650 quad core with intel graphics (terrible I know).

Is this running the old or new version? I have a Celeron D and the old version was unplayable but the new version is only a bit sluggish.

EDIT: I found Turtle Isle 1.1's thread. It's at http://forum.guildofwriters.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5203. Dendwaler mentioned he wants to make sure everything is perfect before releasing to UAM.
Community Nexus Project
nathan2055

Previous

Return to Building