linking your age to ogg files?

If you feel like you're up to the challenge of building your own Ages in Blender or 3ds Max, this is the place for you!

linking your age to ogg files?

Postby bnewton81 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:29 pm

I am reading Andy's Tutorial and I'm unclear on how to link the age to your .ogg file. I am looking to learn to do this with my own custom .ogg files. Not the Cyan ones. At least at this instant, though i would also like to know how to link to cyan's.
bnewton81

Re: linking your age to ogg files?

Postby N. Sigismund » Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:25 am

Okay.

In Max's export folder, you need to place an "sfx" folder. Place all .oggs you want to use in there. Also, copy all .oggs into your POTS installation's sfx folder. Make sure that you tick "stream from compressed file" in your sound's component in Max. Make sure in Max you point at the .ogg file inside your export folder's sfx folder.

Copy over Cyan's .ogg files to your local sfx folder too, so you can use their sounds (not ideal, but if it's just as placeholders you're fine. :))

Hope that helps.
For reference:
IC: Nye Morgan
OOC: Sigismund, Nye, Huw Dawson
N. Sigismund

Postby bnewton81 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:20 am

That was a great explanation. Unfortunately I am using Blender and PyPRP. Sorry.
bnewton81

Postby Luna » Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:36 am

I was going to help you out..but then I reread the wiki here and I think just pointing you there should do the job -> http://www.guildofwriters.com/wiki/Addi ... o_your_age

Some notes on that though. You are going to need two versions of your audio file but with the same name, a ".wav" and a ".ogg" file , both can be made with audacity. You load the ".wav" file in blender(explained in the wiki), the ".ogg" file goes in to the sfx folder of your uru installation. Then you use the alcscript from the wiki :)
Code: Select all
long longestTimeWithoutPlayingMoula = (new Date()) - (new Date(2014, 9, 26));
Luna

Postby N. Sigismund » Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:58 pm

bnewton81 wrote:That was a great explanation. Unfortunately I am using Blender and PyPRP. Sorry.

Derp, sorry. I read Andy's tutorials and forgot he also wrote Blender ones! Ah well. :)
For reference:
IC: Nye Morgan
OOC: Sigismund, Nye, Huw Dawson
N. Sigismund

Postby bnewton81 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:57 am

Ok, so the link is made by a script? Andy seems to have glossed over that small detail in his tutorial. Hope he doesn't come grief me in the cavern for saying such a thing :?
bnewton81

Postby Luna » Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:27 pm

Yeah /currently/ the link is made by the script. Officially you shouldn't /have/ to actually import the sound in blender but it doesn't work for me otherwise (could just be me of course). If you don't want to convert Cyan's file to wavs you could just rename a random wav sound. The names do need to be /exact/ the same though.
Code: Select all
long longestTimeWithoutPlayingMoula = (new Date()) - (new Date(2014, 9, 26));
Luna

Return to Building