Escher's Relativity is doable

If you feel like you're up to the challenge of building your own Ages in Blender or 3ds Max, this is the place for you!

Re: Escher's Relativity is doable

Postby Ainia » Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:24 pm

diafero wrote:Tach and me just fixed the age, so the doors etc. are working now :)
I also put it on UAM.

Yesssss!!! :D

Guess this means I will head back over! So much for getting chores done tonight! :lol:
ImageImage
Ainia

Postby tachzusamm » Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:23 pm

Diafero and Tach doing some zero gravity training in Space Shuttle "Relativity". ^^

ZeroGravityTraining.jpg
ZeroGravityTraining.jpg (263.15 KiB) Viewed 5306 times
tachzusamm

Postby Emor D'ni Lap » Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:42 pm

Tachzusamm, I applaud you and all the contributors to Relativity on the super-clean progress you've made on this extremely complex project! The colliders alone must've been a major task. The shadowing helps enormously, your UVing is perfect, and the camera regions are handled beautifully.

So many nice touches, like the latticework-alphaed windows, the scattered leaves, and I haven't even explored the whole place yet!
Emor D'ni Lap

Postby Acorn » Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:03 am

diafero wrote:Tach and me just fixed the age, so the doors etc. are working now :)
I also put it on UAM.

Hooray! A lovely Christmas present!

Edited: I've now explored on UAM and it's amazing and gorgeous! Well done everyone. :D
Last edited by Acorn on Tue Dec 24, 2013 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Acorn

Postby Sirius » Tue Dec 24, 2013 3:37 am

Really brilliant work ! :D :D :D

I am as impressed as when I played the first version - and yet I already explored it through and through !

I really love all the little details - it makes it all feel so realistic...

The only thing I dislike, is the black fog as seen in this picture:
janaba wrote:
Show Spoiler

But aside that, everything is perfect :)

It seems there is a missing object in the snow world - I can see its shadow and it is collidable... I guess you didn't have time to fix it.

Anyway, merry christmas everyone !
Sirius

Postby tachzusamm » Tue Dec 24, 2013 5:06 am

Thanks for all your kind words. Really glad you like it.

Emor_D'ni_Lap wrote:The colliders alone must've been a major task.

Oh, don't ask. I feel there are more colliders in the Age than visible walls. Especially in subworlds (which is about 75% of the Age), you have to create a separate collider for nearly everything. And a lot of them are intersecting, which only works because the dimensions are physically separated. Thank you, Blender, for allowing working in layers.

Emor_D'ni_Lap wrote: the scattered leaves,

Those are a creation of Calena. I just took the job of making her mad by complaining over and over until I was pleased. I know I'm sometimes not easy to please. Thank you Calena for being so patient with me. Well, finally she did a great job with them. :)

Sirius: Oh, yes, the dark fog. I will take tweaking it into account for the next release.

By the way, I suddely realized we totally forgot to mention Christian Walter in the book, who came up with a lot of additional ideas, like giving the house a roofing and extending its structure in Winter dimension. Sorry, Christian, and thank you.
tachzusamm

Postby janaba » Tue Dec 24, 2013 6:00 am

Sirius wrote:The only thing I dislike, is the black fog as seen in this picture:
janaba wrote:
Show Spoiler
But aside that, everything is perfect :)

I can look as much and deep and intense as I like, I don't see any dark fog ... :? ... but you both have that 'special eye' to find and see 'flaws' like that ... :lol:

I love your zero gravity training with diafero btw, tach ... A magical and Merry Christmas to all of you again ... :D
janaba

Postby Seppolo » Tue Dec 24, 2013 6:14 am

What can I say?

Relativity ... is easy ... WOW! :shock:

Not because of his exceptional "gravity shifts" or how the scolds.

I like these in particular fineness of the textures. The accuracy of the things you can discover. At every little detail has been taken since!

A truly outstanding world. This can be described as a "fan Age" no longer! :)

The True quality and can compete with developed by Cyan age well!

Wonderful work!

THANK YOU! At Tachzusamm and all other who have contributed to this age! :)
„Myst will never forgotten“

Seppolo

Postby Christian Walther » Tue Dec 24, 2013 8:24 am

janaba wrote:I can look as much and deep and intense as I like, I don't see any dark fog ... :? ... but you both have that 'special eye' to find and see 'flaws' like that ... :lol:

They are talking about a graphics engine’s crude approximation of fog, which just tints objects with a particular color, the farther away they are the more – like foggy air makes distant objects look lighter and bluish in the real world. In this case that color is black, so objects just get darker with distance. What makes it not look like fog here is that it doesn’t affect the sky – that is deliberately exempted because it’s so far away that it would otherwise be completely black.
Christian Walther

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:25 pm

When I harp on "lighting" as one of those things that weighs heavily for inclusion on the Gehn Shard, I really want something that looks about 50% as good as the screenshot Ainia took entitled "The Loveseat". Notice the soft shadows that make sense given the source of light and objects around them. That's the kind of thing I really like to see--it gives off an impression of polish, even if there are some technical issues that are beyond the control of the writer (eg the camera slipping through objects every so-often -- this happens a lot because of engine issues).
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

PreviousNext

Return to Building