Release of my Age SOMEWHERE.

If you feel like you're up to the challenge of building your own Ages in Blender or 3ds Max, this is the place for you!

Release of my Age SOMEWHERE.

Postby denost2 » Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:09 am

Three years of work.

Today I am happy to propose my Age “SOMEWHERE” for release and so officialy add it to the list of fan Ages.

Draft versions have been partially shown in the past months.

Today the version is stable and in English (*) (that was a demand of many testers)

This Age is the first part of larger adventure.
A sequel is under construction.

This Age is so large I could wait many months more to include objects, happening…
But I thought it would be never finished so…

Later I do not know what will be the following of the story; so a come back in this Age could happen.

I would appreciate help to let me know how to proceed now.
I could provide like I did (by megaupload) folders DAT, SDL and PYTHON containing the files to be placed in URU installation.

(*) If big mistakes appear do not hesitate to say to the french author (myself) how to improve the different texts.
(**) Sequenceprefix = 163
denost2

Re: Release of my Age SOMEWHERE.

Postby diafero » Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:43 pm

We currently do not have a distribution system for offline ages. Maybe I can do something about that during my (way too short) holidays, but these are still two months off, and I'm not even sure if I find the time.

I can however easily put the age onto the Deep Island Shard, and everyone playing there will automatically download it when linking there. All I need is the URL to where you uploaded the files :)
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Karkadann » Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:00 pm

Didn't we have a server that we downloaded Ages and Relto pages from, thats were all the Shards official and otherwise gets their Ages , and Relto Pages from (for the most part) I know theirs a few exclusive things (like for instants the DI shard has their Gerishan wall working) that you cant find any where else Which is kinda cool,

For the most part their are still over a hundred fan made ages available last time I checked. I know their was a bit of a conflict some time ago concerning this and that, But I can not see this being a problem for everybody. The Age creators the tutorials, tools and servers we use to create and distribute our art are one of the things that keep this community alive and Max/plazma, drizzle and Uru CC together one of the best video games I ever came across, after all we are all on the same team We all want Uru, to survive and most if not all of us enjoy a new fan made age from time to time for personal use or for a shard.

;)
The Optimist see's the glass half full, The Pessimist see's the glass half empty.
Its the Realist who see's the glass is half full with air, half full with water
Karkadann

Postby denost2 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:15 am

Thank you to Diafero and Karkadann,

Everybody will find my Age SOMEWHERE here : http://www.megaupload.com/?d=POU7TAWH

There are Dat, Python, SDL and sfx files in separated folders after extraction (.7z).
So Diafero will be able to put the age onto the Deep Island Shard and Karkadann and all explorers in their personnal installations.

Let me know if any questions

And, I would appreciate any remarks.
That will help me for the sequel currently under construction (approximately 30%-40% done)
denost2

Postby Annabelle » Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:21 pm

Hi Denost,

I wonder why you took all the french out...

Let's take few examples: Ta'kla Makan, Jonae, Jonae Hood, the new age made by the swedish girl,torilacha...all of those have in common that alongside english, we can find infos in the native language of the writer(s).

I find that removing all french from your age is not the best idea you had.
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby denost2 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:22 am

Désolé Annabelle, je pense que je viens de perdre mon triple A.
Dans le rôle d'agence de notation je vous trouve bien à l'aise.

This Age is not only a translation of previous versions.

A lot of corrections and additionnal places have been made for the pleasure of explorers of all nationalities.

Au plaisir de vous lire
I will be pleased to read you
denost2

Postby diafero » Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:57 pm

Didn't we have a server that we downloaded Ages and Relto pages from, thats were all the Shards official and otherwise gets their Ages , and Relto Pages from (for the most part) I know theirs a few exclusive things (like for instants the DI shard has their Gerishan wall working) that you cant find any where else Which is kinda cool,
No, there is no such server. Every Shard is doing that on its own, and the servers Shards get their data from can not be used by offline games.
And actually I try to reduce the parts you can't possibly find elsewhere, since that looks like I did not want that to be shared. So I made the default setup I came up with for a Shard available for everyone, mainly in the form of the Offline KI. And most admins hardly make any modifications. But I see that some kind of "unique selling point" is also sometimes a good idea. I am unsure how to properly handle that though (and Im getting completely off-topic, sorry)

For the most part their are still over a hundred fan made ages available last time I checked. I know their was a bit of a conflict some time ago concerning this and that, But I can not see this being a problem for everybody.
Well, the problem is that Dustin, who used to run UAM, left. So his server is still around, but nobody is updating it.
I plan to set up a replacement, but unfortunately the server DI runs on does not have enough free space on its hard disk ;-) So I'll need to find some 20GB or more I can use elsewhere (does anybody know how many free resources the GoW server has?)

denost2; Unfortunately, that link is not working here. It says the file is "currently not available"...
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby denost2 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:58 pm

diafero:
Five minutes ago I tested three times the link I provided for downloading SOMEWHERE
First test: same answer as yours "currently not available"...
Second test : ok for download
Third test : ok for download
So I am sure the file has been effectively UPLOADED
* If another link is better for you let me know

Another different point:
SOMEWHERE being completed, now I have time for the Deep Island Shard (during many months I did not follow your work)
So today I made a new clean installation of URU and applied what you prescribed in your very initial poston this subject.

But I have the following answer:
Disconnected from server
Reason: Not Authenticated

* I used the Username and the Password I usually used for login to the forum. So may be I made a mistake but where...
Thank you for help
denost2

Postby Annabelle » Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:38 pm

Some explanations would be great Denost:

1st: You say that's a new version...

I have 2 PCs one with the original french version, the other with the new "International" version, they look the same to me

2nd: What your testers tested? Have they expressed any concern about the eternal "lag" issue

I don't need to open barriers at all, I just have to run into them until they let me in :lol: and the same apply with walls, If I want to see what is behind, nothing is much simpler than run thru them.

If I want to go underground, I just need to run off a high spot and voilà! I'm there looking at the age from another perspective!

The "lag" issue is still there. There is something with your age. I repeat that issue since over a year and you seems not to care much. On a shard, it will be very annoying. Many explorers will just avoid exploring your age. You always say you don't have issue, great for you but you have to take into account that not everyone can afford a $5K PC equipped to launch missiles.

I think this is why you are always "primesautier" when I make a commentary on your work. R-E-L-A-X!!!! I'm just trying to help you here not to make you mad...

BTW... Your answer isn't the greatest I've seen. So be it for your "international" age :roll: :roll: :roll: I feel its SO MUCH more international since I read "The End of the World" and not "La fin du monde" or "The Guardian" and not "Le gardien". I wasn't sure when I explored your age at first N-O-W I understand..."The End of the World" isn't a location to journey into.

You forgot in your new "International" age created from "scratch" as you said... :lol: a panel with "Le gardien". Don't take me for an idiot when you post something on this forum :evil: :evil:
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby Jojon » Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:50 am

Huuuuuuge.
Jojon

Next

Return to Building