New EdAge The Hallway

If you feel like you're up to the challenge of building your own Ages in Blender or 3ds Max, this is the place for you!

New EdAge The Hallway

Postby ametist » Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:47 am

As you might now, some of us build special ages for use in education. Metabasalt and I wrote the 'Geologica'-ages for collaborate work with his and mine students in USA and Sweden. We could play together on a shard, thanks to Diafero and OldWolle, they and others also met up with the students in game occasionally, that was awesome!

Now I teach younger kids, 6-10 YOA, and because of trouble with the network access on my school I can seldom use either MOULa or any of the shards for multiplay. So mostly I use URUoffline.

Anyway, stop building ages isn't an option (agebuilding-bug ;) ) so this new age, built for, and tested for multiplayer- use, Corvus and I now present to you all TheHallway and we hope it'll come to 'a-shard-near-you' too. :)

Bear in mind that it is meant for use by younger kids and there are tasks for them to do in there, but we hope you enjoy it and have some fun! :)

Thank you
ametist

Re: New EdAge The Hallway

Postby janaba » Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:57 am

This age is really lovely, ametist and Corvus, and just perfect for younger children to learn
mathematics, being attentive and to express themselves as articulate as possible etc. ... :P

I imagine them sitting there in a circle with ambient music, pondering and agonizing over
the given tasks and excited waiting for having their turn ... Yeah, great, just carry on ... :)
janaba

Postby Wamduskasapa » Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:53 am

ametist and Corvus you have created an excellent age for the younger explorer. For them both challenging and enjoyable. I enjoyed your textures and graphics...
Computer = MotherBoard MSI X99S GAMING 7 - Intel I7-6950X
Dual MSI GeForce GTX 1080
64GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 Predator Memory
Dual Samsung 1TB SSD Pro - Dual Seagate 4TB SSHD
Excelvan 5.25" Multi-Function Media Dashboard
Wamduskasapa

Postby diafero » Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:58 am

The age is available on Deep Island Shard and UAM. Enjoy :)

Ametist, do you want me to add some short text to the Relto linking book, similar to what you wrote here? If yes, just tell me what exactly I should write :) . I created a linking panel from the link-in spot, hopefully you like it (just send me another one if you had something specific in mind).
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Calena » Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:16 pm

This made my day :) . I'm a happy grandma, since I know someone I'm going to enjoy this age with ;) . Thank you ladies!

Can we start a new clique? I want to be a proud member of the age-building grandma clique 8-) .
Galatians 2: 20-21

"Don't mess with me today. I have my CAPS LOCK key and I know how to use it!"
Calena

Postby Annabelle » Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:10 pm

In fact this age is on the shard (UAM shard) since at least 1 month and half.

I recall having been there trying to solve the puzzles. I understand more the purpose of this age now. This age is suited for young explorers :D .
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby J'Kla » Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:50 am

Nice and as it's a structured environment It should be real easy to change the puzzes (Not that I've looked at them yet ) well done
J'Kla

Postby ametist » Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:12 am

:) Thank you all, glad you like it! The kids do too, especially the 'snowman-room' :lol: Corvus did all the building and texturing, I only wired it in the end ;) It's built in max and the pythons are a bit different but it all works, thanks to D'lanor and andy and his tutorials. The music is composed by my husband so it's free for use, no copyright here :D

@ Diafero, thank you! That linking-image is good and the text can be:
'The Hallway is meant for educational use and targets younger students, but we hope you enjoy and have fun, no matter how old you happen to be! Corvus and ametist'
Do you remember when you talked to my older students about the importance and fun of math? So I do what I can :)

@ Calena: GMTA (GrandMothers Think Alike) :lol: Please shoot me an email if you want to know more about what we have' up-our-sleeves' .... :)
ametist

Postby janaba » Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:36 am

Ametist, yesterday I was a bit in a hurry on my way to Marten's musical event in the cavern ...

I'd like to mention that in the banana room when you approach one of those kegs very closely
you suddenly float like in water and to unstuck, which is possible, you just have to turn around
or jump or move in any way and to walk backwards ... But maybe you realized that already ... :P
janaba

Postby diafero » Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:45 am

ametist wrote:@ Diafero, thank you! That linking-image is good and the text can be:
'The Hallway is meant for educational use and targets younger students, but we hope you enjoy and have fun, no matter how old you happen to be! Corvus and ametist'
Do you remember when you talked to my older students about the importance and fun of math? So I do what I can :)

I added that text to the UAM and the book in-game :)
Hehe, I don't remember that precise conversation, but it sounds like me :D Now that I'm actually at university, I can even more confirm how fun and important math is... ;-)
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Next

Return to Building