"The Cathedral" another building project

If you feel like you're up to the challenge of building your own Ages in Blender or 3ds Max, this is the place for you!

Re: "The Cathedral" another building project

Postby dendwaler » Sun Jan 03, 2016 8:46 am

I am still adding a few things....
Busy with consistancy of the puzzles,
Optimizing to get a better gameplay.
..a bit betatesting..
adding more sound.

and then its done...

Those wonderfull Worlds are called " Ages" , because that is what it takes to build one.

Watch my latest Video Or even better..... watch the Cathedral's Complete Walkthrough made by Suleika!
dendwaler

Postby janaba » Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:31 am

Happy New Year!!! dendwaler ... This looks and sounds all really amazing!!! ... Here's the picture, now on the previous page, he posted a few minutes before this one ... :P
janaba

Postby Sirius » Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:43 pm

Looking good ! :) ...

I always enjoy new shots of pieces from the Cathedral from time to time, it's incredible to see how tirelessly you're working on your Age since all that time... :D
Sirius

Postby Dulcamara » Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:37 am

Oh, I am so full of anticipation. :shock:
Dulcamara is so excited :lol:

I love also your age Turtle Isle.
Turtle Isle is one of the most beautiful ages in Deep Island.
So I know the Cathedral will be wonderful. A little gem.

I hope after you are ready, i can learn a little bit from you. :roll: :idea: :!: :?:

Greetings
Dulcamara
Dulcamara

Postby janaba » Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:06 am

That's indeed a nice reminder, Dulcamara, I almost forgot that 'Turtle Island' was created by dendwaler too ... :P

Turtle Island is indeed one of the most beautiful ages and it is huge, it is full of surprises, rich in detail and alive in a special way, and it absolutely shows the dedication and sense of beauty, the expertise and ingenuity of its creator ... Yeah, a great hint ... So, now that might raise our level of anticipation for more astounding surprises to come even more ... :)
janaba

Postby dendwaler » Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:28 am

Thank you for your kind replies

I still have to overcome some nasty issues.
The age is huge and that has its prize.
You will need a decent card to play it.
I use a Geforce gtx 750 Ti.
So any card equal to that or better will be sufficient.
But Cards with lesser specs? I don't know, because i do not have any testers with lesser cards.
Old cards with specs of 2003 will definitely not be enough.

The problems i encounter are rendering problems (white avatars or white moving objects)
With carefully chosen visual regions i expect to solve this. ( I already have in some area's.)
But i think this is a sign i reached the limits of the videocard or a stressed gamengine.
It may turn out that i have to split the age into 2 separate ages, but i hope to avoid this.
Until now i don't have lag problems, i won't " add objects " any longer , i concentrate on optimizing and fnalizing from now on.
Probably i wil even wipe some unimportant animated objects.
The age will be best suited as " play alone " age.
I haven't tested it on line yet, but i expect this will be problematic because of several different game states depending on your progress.

Thats it for now,
i will finish with another screenshot of a lightgarden.

Those wonderfull Worlds are called " Ages" , because that is what it takes to build one.

Watch my latest Video Or even better..... watch the Cathedral's Complete Walkthrough made by Suleika!
dendwaler

Postby janaba » Thu Jan 07, 2016 7:56 am

Wow!!! I already suspected that this age was about more than just a lovely cathedral with beautiful surroundings ... :P

It is indeed very difficult for age builders to evaluate the needed specs of the users beforehand, and one cannot really tell this by simple numbers of the hardware architecture, the graphics/video card, the mainboard etc. ... It's about how all of the components play/work together, how one uses them etc. etc. ...

My computer (an Intel with Win XP), bought in 2006 or 2007 or so, couldn't handle Uru and the fan ages around 2011 very well anymore, the graphics card (an ATI back then) just didn't display everything properly anymore and on MOULa I could barely move, when the city was full e.g., so I've had to buy a new one (in 2011), which I'm still using, and this one works really very well by now, I'm glad ... I don't experience any lag or any problems others have on the shards and MOULa etc. (I'd like to add, this is most probably, because they have newer computers and with Win 8 or 10) ... so, now what, what does this tell you ... I'd say, one cannot evaluate this for 'newer computer generations' quite easily anymore as in times past ... 8-)

Just so that you know, I'm on an AMD quad-core with Win 7 Home Premium, ... ohh, I can upload the specs (as of August 2015), then you'll see what a quite old, but still nicely working computer might look like lol ... :)

Show Spoiler
janaba

Postby Annabelle » Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:34 pm

You might be wondering why I'm not writing any comments on this particular project like I normally do when there's a new fan age around... You won't get any walkthrough in form of text or video this time around either from me.

All I can say is that you can get excited with this new fan age project! :lol: ;)
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby JanB » Sat Jan 09, 2016 4:36 am

All I can say is that you can get excited with this new fan age project

High expectations that might be worth waiting for! ;) ;)
JanB

Postby dendwaler » Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:37 am

At the moment some of the " general suspects" are betatesting the Cathedral.
I have received a lot of comments , thank you for that!
At the moment i am busy with correcting things that are still wrong.
And even a few disturbing behaviours in relation to the interacting between avatar and environment.
It was even necessary to correct something because a female avatar has not the same lenght as a male one.
I never thought about that before!

All with all , the total will costs me a few weeks to do at least.
I am alone , you know, and have to sleep sometimes. :D

But in general all is progressing very smoothly.
I will keep you informed!
..or one of the testers, as long as they let me do the major spoiling :D

Here is a new shot

dendwaler

PreviousNext

Return to Building