The Lost Stonehenge Update

If you feel like you're up to the challenge of building your own Ages in Blender or 3ds Max, this is the place for you!

The Lost Stonehenge Update

Postby Karkadann » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:18 am

This is one of two updates, iv been doing some experimenting with shadows, light regions, sprites, animated texture, and some other stuff, so you might wanna look threw it before you post it on the UAM.
Most of the updates is stuff I haven't messed with before, so if you see anything that needs fixing let me know.
I hope you injoy the changes
http://www.mediafire.com/?1gii178ofogsg61
The Optimist see's the glass half full, The Pessimist see's the glass half empty.
Its the Realist who see's the glass is half full with air, half full with water
Karkadann

Re: The Lost Stonehenge Update

Postby janaba » Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:09 pm

Karkadann, this was an absolute surprise for me ... Wow!!! ... I'm stunned and impressed ... :P

The quality of the whole age is totally improved ... The textures of the standing stones and the floating stones
esp. their bottom parts ... The new light source is great and the shadows are soft and look realistic ... The music
is absolutely perfect and beautiful and the whole scenery has a nice and lovely twilight look and feel ... Yes, and
your new additions are sooo great ... and finally someone got the shining light right without a visual square ...

Yeah, awesome job, Karkadann ... I thought of posting some pictures, but I don't want to spoil anything ... :)
janaba

Postby Wamduskasapa » Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:00 pm

I totally agree with Janaba
I specially like the Blue Moon and Music. But artistically you have outdone yourself and exceeded my expectations..
Computer = MotherBoard MSI X99S GAMING 7 - Intel I7-6950X
Dual MSI GeForce GTX 1080
64GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 Predator Memory
Dual Samsung 1TB SSD Pro - Dual Seagate 4TB SSHD
Excelvan 5.25" Multi-Function Media Dashboard
Wamduskasapa

Postby Karkadann » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:32 pm

Thanks I actually surprised myself with this one. I got a lot of the inspiration from a lot of you guys, most of the new stuff I figured out with Andy's tutorials with some trial error and experimenting... :D but the inspiration for the lights power source came from the British Royal Navy I figured the stone circle was in England as the old saying go's "use what you got on hand", and If you know how to convert a .dea file to something compatible with Max 7 I found the Tardis interior on the Internet but I dont know how to convert it.

now I gotta start on the second part of my update, so its still under construction.
The Optimist see's the glass half full, The Pessimist see's the glass half empty.
Karkadann

Postby diafero » Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:37 am

Is this update a test release, or should I upload it to DI UAM?
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby dendwaler » Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:36 am

Kudos Karkadann!

Your lightning is great! :D

Yes really, I turn to green here. :D ;)
Those wonderfull Worlds are called " Ages" , because that is what it takes to build one.

Watch my latest Video Or even better..... watch the Cathedral's Complete Walkthrough made by Suleika!
dendwaler

Postby Karkadann » Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:00 am

diafero wrote:Is this update a test release, or should I upload it to DI UAM?

Some of the stuff I added on this update is new to me, I just wanted you do make sure it dont cause problems like the first I released the The Lost Stonehenge.

So Yes, Please add it to the UAM. The second update may take a while I have a few ideas I just have to get them out of my head and on to the PC.

Yes really, I turn to green here.

TY a healthy shade of green I hope
Karkadann

Postby Annabelle » Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:54 am

The blue sun is very nice :D I like the "waving texture effect" in it.

I like the shadow effect. I went in fly mode to have the BIG picture and it's very nicely done!

Nice sounding effect in your age. I notice changes when you keep turning to the right or to the left, that's slick (or my imagination is making me think the sounds change...)

Love the new additions you brought to your age: the shrooms and the hidden pub.

There are 2 things I noticed: the bottles of wines/liquors are void. We can easily walk through them, I would suggest you to put collisions around them. The 2nd thing is the cones. On my first visit, both disappeared in the unknown, on my second visit, one behaved, the 2nd one disappeared too. I don't know if there's something to do about it.
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby Wamduskasapa » Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:04 am

Since the hidden Pub is now public, I will ask a question.
In the Pub, Are the three fruit (powering the Victorian Style Edison Light) lemons or limes????

Show Spoiler
Computer = MotherBoard MSI X99S GAMING 7 - Intel I7-6950X
Dual MSI GeForce GTX 1080
64GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 Predator Memory
Dual Samsung 1TB SSD Pro - Dual Seagate 4TB SSHD
Excelvan 5.25" Multi-Function Media Dashboard
Wamduskasapa

Postby Karkadann » Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:24 pm

Ah yes the construction area, I completely forgot about the booze bottles I must have hide them, the cones are on hull I put them on box and they seem to be ok now, I also forgot the footstep sounds for the stepping stones and in the cave, now you know why the "under construction" sign was their, in case I forgot something im covered. I wanted to show the work I was doing in Shadows and lighting, the cavern is just a bit of a preview

Now the light, before refrigeration the British Royal Navy used to eat limes to prevent scurvy (a lack of vitamin C) limes stayed fresh longer then lemons or oranges, and it was a quick power source for the light. Im gonna add a battery later. maybe a few Baghdad batteries and some other stuff, I was thinking of making it into an old alchemy laboratory but I have to figure out how to do glass texture and a few other things first, unless you guys can thing of a better idea for the cavern. im open to suggestions.
Karkadann

Next

Return to Building