Age Building - Things to Remember

If you feel like you're up to the challenge of building your own Ages in Blender or 3ds Max, this is the place for you!

Re: Age Building - Things to Remember

Postby Karkadann » Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:17 pm

Calena wrote:One thing we'll need is an idea for a gun that's built on a turret. It has to be eye level with the avatar, which normal pirate ship cannons really aren't.

The smaller one's are :D
I mounted this one on my Whiskey barrel

Show Spoiler
Last edited by Karkadann on Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Optimist see's the glass half full, The Pessimist see's the glass half empty.
Its the Realist who see's the glass is half full with air, half full with water
Karkadann

Postby Sirius » Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:52 am

Calena wrote:One day Sirius says "it's really complicated". The next thing we know, denDwaler shows up with an outrageously cool gun and Sirius has the whole thing figured out and working :lol:
:oops:
Hehehe, yeah, well, better this than saying it's easy and never manage to setup the whole thing...
Plus there are still the responders to setup, the rotation for the gun to handle, etc.

I'm still working on enhancing the whole thing, then I'll release it.

Meanwhile, if Karkadann wants to try and figure out how to do this in Max... Here is a list of things that must be done:
Show Spoiler

Note: without the Python file you won't be able to fire anything, so even if you find the options in Max you won't be able to check this in the game.
Or, you could export a single PRP from Max, and put this PRP in Teledahn, somewhere near the vapor gun. If you did it correctly, it should put some decals on the object you added when firing the vapor gun :)

EDIT: I'm not sure what we're firing exactly - is it a "small" gun with a small bullet, or is it a real canon, as there was on ships, that fire 10 cm wide bullets ?
Because if it's one like Karkadann built, it's going to cause really big decals. And we won't be able to see the bullet once fired :|

By the way, nice gun model too, Karkadann :P
Sirius

Postby Karkadann » Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:36 pm

Sounds a bit complicated for me at this point at least for me Sirius, However I did set up the cannon ball with a simple component and a animated proxy terrain pushing the cannon ball out at high speed that seemed to work pretty good, although its only got one shot, so far.................
The Optimist see's the glass half full, The Pessimist see's the glass half empty.
Karkadann

Postby Calena » Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:36 pm

Karkadann, I put your cutlass model in the age and I think it looks really nice. During this process, I re-sized the texture images and reduced the face count on the model by 1/3. I also converted the model to Blender format. I was wondering if you'd like me to re-post the new files for public or private download? I can easily do that.

I'm up to my eyeballs building this little age, but I've been watching what you guys are up to. I hope we get back to this project later, it looks like it could be a lot of fun!
Galatians 2: 20-21

"Don't mess with me today. I have my CAPS LOCK key and I know how to use it!"
Calena

Postby Karkadann » Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:57 am

Sure, if any one needs a copy of it for something and aint working in Max they can download your blender version.
Public download would be great.
Thank you
Karkadann

Postby Karkadann » Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:10 am

Wamduskasapa wrote:I can see that Skull sitting on the desk in my age, except that it would have the texture of Black Quartz, or maybe Clear Quartz

Sorry for the late response but I just found the link for the scull if you wanna give it a try

http://www.3dmodel777.com/Download-3d-model/Character-and-role/Human-skeleton--forehead.html#.Un3snCeiJ8E
Karkadann

Postby Wamduskasapa » Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:28 am

Thank you Karkadann, I will definitely be adding that web site to my collection there are MANY great and usable 3d models available.
Computer = MotherBoard MSI X99S GAMING 7 - Intel I7-6950X
Dual MSI GeForce GTX 1080
64GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 Predator Memory
Dual Samsung 1TB SSD Pro - Dual Seagate 4TB SSHD
Excelvan 5.25" Multi-Function Media Dashboard
Wamduskasapa

Postby Calena » Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:16 am

The link to download the new cutlass files is here:

Karkadann's Cutlass

The file includes an .obj file, .blend file, and 3dsMax file of the cutlass object along with a separate file containing the texture images. I did not include the lighting image as that will change on each use.

Thanks for the offer of the skull, Karkadann. Modeling decent low poly skulls is still outside my skill level. I've only recently gotten serious about improving my modeling skills with truely organic objects. I had a difficult enough time figuring out how to make the low poly hat :( , but I got it! Fortunately, I had already found a skull mesh that was low poly at blendswap dot com. Interestingly enough, the skull model is credited to "Corvus". I wonder if that's our Corvus?

Skull Scene

I'm making good progress on this little age, but there's still so . much . to . do! I haven't even started on sfx or wiring it yet. How many days till Christmas :shock: ?
Galatians 2: 20-21

"Don't mess with me today. I have my CAPS LOCK key and I know how to use it!"
Calena

Postby Acorn » Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:47 am

Calena wrote:

Skull Scene

wow, this is looking really great!
Acorn

Postby Dulcamara » Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:04 pm

Yes thats right.