Tutorial and Information Requests

If you feel like you're up to the challenge of building your own Ages in Blender or 3ds Max, this is the place for you!

Re: Tutorial and Information Requests

Postby J'Kla » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:00 am

Ok Next request now we have ladders working.

Journals

Then

Hot spots for linking or Linking Books

Preferably in that order because Journals would allow me to add in the story. ;)
J'Kla

Postby J'Kla » Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:05 am

Sirius wrote:Ah, so you need for instance to put all selected objects on a single page ? I can help with that. I made a small extension plugin for Korman a while ago for my own usage - maybe you will find it useful.
korman_operators.zip

How to use:
  • extract the zip and put the korman_operators folder (containing __init__.py and oper.py) in [Blender install folder]/2.xx/scripts/addons, restart Blender then activate the plugin from within the Addons list
  • in your scene, select all the objects you want to put on a specific page
  • in the properties window, set the page of the currently ACTIVE object to whatever you want (this will only change it for the active object)
  • in the 3D view, open Tool shelf (T key) -> Misc -> Korman Tools -> Page to Active. This will copy the "page" property from the ACTIVE (orange) object to all SELECTED (red) objects.

There are also a bunch of other options in this new panel that you might find interesting (for instance, selecting all plasma objects, making all selected objects colliders or sorting all your objects per layer). I wrote the plugin a while back, so I think one or two buttons now exist in Korman.

Finally got round to trying this out today.

This for me this is a fantastic tool if only for the page option but I am sure I will find uses for al the other stuff. :)

The only addition I would make to the instructions is to the line where you come to activate it in Addons say that that it will be found under 3D View.
Last edited by J'Kla on Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
J'Kla

Postby Deledrius » Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:30 pm

Sirius wrote:Ah, so you need for instance to put all selected objects on a single page ? I can help with that. I made a small extension plugin for Korman a while ago for my own usage - maybe you will find it useful.

Those are some great additions. I think we had talked about including some of those options before, but it got lost in the long delay in the release for 0.06.

J'Kla wrote:Ok Next request now we have ladders working.

Journals

Then

Hot spots for linking or Linking Books

Preferably in that order because Journals would allow me to add in the story. ;)

Linking Books are hopefully supported Soon™.

Journals are easy, just slap a Journal Modifier on your journal object! You'll probably need to make some .loc files for that (you can use the Localization Editor, or do it by hand -- we need some documentation for this). Unless you're doing something fancy, the simple modifier should work.

I haven't written instructions on doing advanced journals, but that's only if you want to have custom book GUIs or something crazy like that. As long as you just want the old worn book or white-paged notebook journals, you're good to go.
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby J'Kla » Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:12 am

Ok I have a dummy book that is clickable Open Closed appears to have no effect the result is always open.

This is not really an issue as at this time the book is blank.

Deledrius wrote:
Journals are easy, just slap a Journal Modifier on your journal object! You'll probably need to make some .loc files for that (you can use the Localization Editor, or do it by hand -- we need some documentation for this). Unless you're doing something fancy, the simple modifier should work.

Might help if I had some sort of idea what the "Localization Editor" was.

I am also getting a shed load of the following messages but these could be because I do not have a localization file generated they do not appear to effect the age.

Message.png
Message.png (5.63 KiB) Viewed 4376 times

I am also getting a DAG zero message but that is an aside for another thread. ;)
J'Kla

Postby Deledrius » Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:23 am

J'Kla wrote:Ok I have a dummy book that is clickable Open Closed appears to have no effect the result is always open.

This is not really an issue as at this time the book is blank.

I haven't double-checked this, but I think Uru will always start the journal open if you have a dummy/blank journal, because it otherwise has no cover to show. I should clarify that in the wiki after I confirm this behavior.

J'Kla wrote:Might help if I had some sort of idea what the "Localization Editor" was.

It's one of the tools built alongside the Plasma engine made for managing and editing the loc files that MOULa uses. I guess Destiny doesn't provide a pre-built copy of that. You can use PlasmaShop to edit them, as they're plaintext XML files, but if you're not used to writing XML that might be error-prone.

J'Kla wrote:I am also getting a shed load of the following messages but these could be because I do not have a localization file generated they do not appear to effect the age.

Those should not be happening. I'll look into it when I can.

J'Kla wrote:I am also getting a DAG zero message but that is an aside for another thread. ;)

Yeah, I don't think we can do anything about warnings that arise from Blender and not directly related to Korman. These annoy me, too.
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby J'Kla » Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:44 am

Deledrius wrote:
J'Kla wrote:Might help if I had some sort of idea what the "Localization Editor" was.

It's one of the tools built alongside the Plasma engine made for managing and editing the loc files that MOULa uses. I guess Destiny doesn't provide a pre-built copy of that.

You can use PlasmaShop to edit them, as they're plaintext XML files, but if you're not used to writing XML that might be error-prone.

Destiny might provide a pre built copy because I do not know anything about it or how to access it I am running blind.

I will ask on the Destiny Forum.
J'Kla

Postby J'Kla » Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:26 am

I am going to start a new thread discussing .loc files.

In the end I hope to have a tutorial on producing them manually.

I have not had a lot of experience with XML but I do know some of the principals as I covered this back in the day.

At the time I was doing a course that involved Macromedia Flash so I am digging a bit deep. ;)
J'Kla

Postby Deledrius » Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:29 am

J'Kla wrote:I am going to start a new thread discussing .loc files.

In the end I hope to have a tutorial on producing them manually.

I have not had a lot of experience with XML but I do know some of the principals as I covered this back in the day.

At the time I was doing a course that involved Macromedia Flash so I am digging a bit deep. ;)

It may help you to start with the existing documentation. We're currently working on publishing more formal information.
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby J'Kla » Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:17 pm

As you can see from the thread on .loc files I am not prone to relying on existing documentation. :)
J'Kla

Postby J'Kla » Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:28 pm

See previous error message attachment

If it is any help the error messages happen during step 6 of the export process
J'Kla

PreviousNext

Return to Building