Tutorial and Information Requests

If you feel like you're up to the challenge of building your own Ages in Blender or 3ds Max, this is the place for you!

Re: Tutorial and Information Requests

Postby Bookwyrm » Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:58 pm

Ah, cubemaps must be what I was thinking about, then. I knew I'd seen shiny surfaces that weren't just flat specular across the board.

That does answer my question, thank you! :)
Bookwyrm

Postby J'Kla » Wed May 01, 2019 3:56 am

I am working on a Noob guide and that has caused me to revisit the Wiki.

My first question:

Is about Softvolumes is this just a sub-set of sound stuff or do they have other uses?

Second question:
Considering the piece on Korman Logic Nodes starts with.

NOTE: Due to a few changes in node structures, this tutorial is slightly out of date. It will be updated after the release of version 0.07 of Korman.

Also considering we are now well onto version 0.08 could it be a good time to revisit this.

I know I had a clickable that had a logic node set that worked under version 0.07 and the node stuff failed when I started using 0.08 I am still trying to work this out and good Wiki notes would probably help.

At the moment this is a low priority for me because I am involved in some hand to hand combat with lighting and journals but I can see Logic and Python nodes looming on the horizon.

I was just considering that I am reasonably familiar with Blender and I am looking to generate some hand-holding notes because I know how daunting Blender is for the Noob's and new blood in age writing has to be good for our community.
J'Kla

Postby Sirius » Sun May 05, 2019 4:37 am

J'Kla wrote:Is about Softvolumes is this just a sub-set of sound stuff or do they have other uses?

They can fade both lights and sounds. Imagine walking into a cave, a softvolume would be used to fade the directional light from the sun (because of Uru lacking real shadows), or to fade out an ambient sound to simulate occlusion. But I think that's all they do.

J'Kla wrote:I was just considering that I am reasonably familiar with Blender and I am looking to generate some hand-holding notes because I know how daunting Blender is for the Noob's and new blood in age writing has to be good for our community.

Having people experiment with our current tools is a good thing so I wish you the best of luck with that. All that Plasma stuff can be rather convoluted at times, but I'll do what I can to answer questions ! (assuming I know the answer and am not too busy with real life matters...)
Sirius

Previous

Return to Building