The Blue Garden

If you feel like you're up to the challenge of building your own Ages in Blender or 3ds Max, this is the place for you!

The Blue Garden

Postby Wamduskasapa » Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:04 am

This is for those who may be interested in seeing my age of Blue Garden come into existence.

Yes I initially created this age in TerraGen but then found that it was not possible to Port it into 3DS Max much less Blender. So with the exception of some screen shots that information was deleted.

for me the most important part of the age is the story and the background or in otherwords WHY, WHO and WHAT.

Then an age floor plan is created, Wherein I plan where and what is going to happen.

After the floor plan has been established then the actual age constrution can begin.

Before I begin let me state that without Dendwaller the creation of this age within Blender would never have gotten started nor would it progress.

The first 4 screen shots are of Blender before the render and that transfer to URU. There will be no futher Blender Screen shots for that would give away too much age information and make the age way too easy to solve.

Image Image ImageImage

The next 3 screen shots are from the first Blender Render and that transfer to URU. As you can see the first texture used is the Age Floorplan.

Image Image Image

The next 2 screen shots are from the second Blender Render and that transfer to URU. If you refer back to that blender screen shot you will notice that there are 8 spawn points established. This gives me the ability to rapidly accomplish the puzzle solutions, and insure that the puzzles are functioning correctly. And YES there will be Puzzles.

Image Image

The next 5 screen shots are from the third Blender Render and that transfer to URU

ImageImageImageImageImage

As you can see this age is STARTING to come together - Thank you Dendwaller!!!
Computer = MotherBoard MSI X99S GAMING 7 - Intel I7-6950X
Dual MSI GeForce GTX 1080
64GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 Predator Memory
Dual Samsung 1TB SSD Pro - Dual Seagate 4TB SSHD
Excelvan 5.25" Multi-Function Media Dashboard
Wamduskasapa

Re: The Blue Garden

Postby Ainia » Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:11 am

Shorah Wam!

Oooh, nice! How wonderful to get a small peek at your work! :) I am looking forward to all your future news!

/me claps enthusiastically
ImageImage
Ainia

Postby Acorn » Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:33 am

Thanks for the update, Wam - it's really good to see your age develop! :D Do share more, if and when you can without spoiling it for us! ;)

And well done too to dendwaler for sharing his expertise!
Acorn

Postby Wamduskasapa » Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:47 am

At least Dendwaler has the patience, the crowbar, sledgehammer and two by four - that is needed to insert this esoteric knowledge into this stubborn head of mine - LOL

He is an excellent artist and a very patient teacher. With His expertise and the Neals Hirsig tutorials this age may finally be pried from my skull...

EDIT: Well The plains have sprouted a new crop of mountains

Wamduskasapa

Postby Karkadann » Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:45 am

I always knew you had the imagination for it, all you need to do is work on the interface between your imagination and the computer program.
Good Luck have fun and keep at it
The Optimist see's the glass half full, The Pessimist see's the glass half empty.
Its the Realist who see's the glass is half full with air, half full with water
Karkadann

Postby janaba » Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:00 am

It is great that you're at it now consistently, Wam ... Thanks for sharing your age creation development progress and process with us ... :P

It is also wonderful that there is a beautiful teamwork involved, everyone of you contributing to this wondrous new world emerging here in his own unique way, be it your rich imagination, your love for nature and sense of beauty, Wam, and dendwaler additionally his treasure trove of experience and resulting expertise ... Yeah, I'd say ... Way to go! Wam, and I wish you much much fun and excitement in your creative unfolding ... :)
janaba

Postby Wamduskasapa » Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:55 am

I have also added Native American flute music to an old Lullaby (Lakota Lullaby).
This will be used as ambiance for the age. You will hear one of my flutes (and me singing). I hope you enjoy...

The translation is as follows

Young one (masculine) your time is done
Now you rest in peace and sleep
for the night is good
Wamduskasapa

Postby janaba » Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:39 am

How absolutely beautifully contemplating, lovely and soothing this is ... A wonderful choice for the age's ambience, Wam, and you will play the flute and even sing this ??? ... Awesome, and I'm really looking forward to the completion of this magical world, whenever this will be (to put no pressure on you lol) ... Wow, still listening, 7:30 mins already, very very calming and I just love flute music .... ahh, now it stops at 8:11 ... :)
janaba

Postby Wamduskasapa » Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:47 am

The second song I will be adding is called Wendeyaho I have tried playing it on my flute (see fingering chart) but the ambience just does not sound right. Instead I have had a local Cherokee group sing it for me It does sound beautiful, and needs to be included within my age.

This song has been mistakenly called The Cherokee Morning Song BUT the words are not Cherokee they are Tihanama.
According to one of the few remaining fluent speakers, this phrase means “Our spirits are strong"

The Tihanama Nation was one of the last migratory tribes in North America, they ranged from the Great Lakes to the Florida Panhandle. Their language was isolated and unrelated to the languages of the surrounding nations. You may have heard it in the song "Wendeyaho," commonly but mistakenly called the Cherokee Morning Song. Though little known, they were a trading people who interacted annually with dozens of other nations between the Mississippi River and the Appalachians, their story and traditions provide an understanding of and appreciation for the depth of Native American wisdom teachings.

EDIT: To learn more about these people I suggest reading: The Eighth Arrow (Right, Wrong and Confused Paths According to Tihanama Elder Wisdom) by Dr. Donald Panther-Yates.
Last edited by Wamduskasapa on Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wamduskasapa

Postby tachzusamm » Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:42 am

Wam, this Lullaby you did is so touching, oh man. :!:
I see parts of complete movies in my imagination while listening. I see parts of the plains, grass, mountains, and woods in a cutscene. And there is a man with his son, first playing and singing for him in a big cave (the acoustics are perfect, a great cave reverb), then I see both walk together through those areas said above. In the end we're back in the cave.
I have no idea how you did that, but you did it.
*bow*
tachzusamm

Next

Return to Building