A Problem with Multiple Subworlds

If you feel like you're up to the challenge of building your own Ages in Blender or 3ds Max, this is the place for you!

A Problem with Multiple Subworlds

Postby Jakuru » Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:53 pm

I made a subworld for my age and after numerous problems, got it to work smooth with no glitches. When I added a second subworld, it worked flawlessly however the first one stopped working. Both are completely separate from each other. I'm using Blender 2.49, Drizzle, Chronicles and pyprp 1.6. Does the game not support multiple subworlds in an age?
Jakuru

Re: A Problem with Multiple Subworlds

Postby dendwaler » Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:10 pm

First i have to say that i have no experience with multiple subworlds.
I only estimate this cant be the problem.

my first thought goes to the fact that subworlds are also animations.
If two undepended animations share a material or only one texture inside a material,this can go wrong.
This was a hughe problem when i made for the first time 7 journey clothes.

be sure that the materials you use are "single user"
Or at least are only shared inside one subworld.
I can not explain it, (its not rational) its only a feeling i have from experience with something else.
Those wonderfull Worlds are called " Ages" , because that is what it takes to build one.

Watch my latest Video Or even better..... watch the Cathedral's Complete Walkthrough made by Suleika!
dendwaler

Postby Jakuru » Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:58 pm

The second subworld has an object which has a special texture which is single user texture not shared so it can't be that. The object names in the subworlds are unique to that world. It's got to be something simple, perhaps the alcscript would be the problem so I'm at a loss :roll:
Jakuru

Postby Jakuru » Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:21 am

"be sure that the materials you use are "single user"
Or at least are only shared inside one subworld.
I can not explain it, (its not rational) its only a feeling i have from experience with something else."

I solved the problem! Since it turned out that it wasn't a texture being shared, it had to be something else that was shared in the alcscript. Turns out that it was the animation name "RideUp" I used it in both subworlds, by changing the name solved the discrepancy in the alcscript and now both subworlds work fine. Thanks dendwaler for a logical clue! Subworlds can be very tricky and very unstable.
Jakuru

Postby Jakuru » Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:50 pm

Now I have another question, I put a click region in the subworld to open a door but the door button is not clickable. It works fine on the outside but not in the sub.
I parented those regions to the subworld and nothing. Does anyone have a clue?
Jakuru

Postby Jojon » Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:45 pm

Add:

Code: Select all
MyObject:
   physical:
      subworld: MySubworld

...to the alcscript for your button (EDIT: ...and region... and anything else that is there for bumping into whilst in the subworld).
Jojon

Postby Jakuru » Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:49 am

Jojon, I had that physical code in there and later realized that I had left out the click region. It finally works...live and learn. Thanks for your help, it's much appreciated.
Jakuru

Return to Building