Is there a way to stop the BuiltIn.prp file

If you feel like you're up to the challenge of building your own Ages in Blender or 3ds Max, this is the place for you!

Re: Is there a way to stop the BuiltIn.prp file

Postby rocketdog » Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:31 pm

Tsar Hoikas

Well I spent some time trying to figure out why the log file said I was using Deep Island and must say I don't have a clue. However I can say I am not using Deep Island to test my age in. It is without a doubt CC that I am testing the age in. Could be that log file was at some point placed into my CC folder by mistake, it was an old file from 5/15/2013.

rocketdog
rocketdog

Postby Deledrius » Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:12 pm

Sounds like a crufty setup (I think we all have too many installations of Uru sitting around to keep track of ;) ). The elf files are the ones you need to be looking into to see what's causing it to go wrong, if it still does once you launch the game properly. The conversion log from Drizzle is not relevant.
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:18 pm

Yeah, I was sort of bamboozled by the log from what looked a lot like a Deep Island install--I think you might be right about it being old and irrelevant.

/me goes back to his juggling act
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Postby rocketdog » Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:49 pm

RESOLVED

The answer was sooooooo simple. I was deleting the corrupted “BuiltIn.prp” file from the CC dat folder, all I needed to do is delet it from the output folder. It was this old file that Drizzle kept converting and placing into me CC dat folder
rocketdog

Postby Karkadann » Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:06 am

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.
Sherlock Holmes in The Sign of the Four

not knowing much about the coding end of age creation I find that sometimes I get a whole bunch of errors from drizzle, one thing I do is delete all the export files from the export folder in Max the associated files in the dat folder even start with a fresh age file and it works fine. don't know if thats all necessary but it works, although if I know which file is causing the problem like the District_Textures.prp file in the Max export causes problems sometimes I just delete it and it gives me a new one and im good to go.

sometimes the simplest answer is the hardest to find
The Optimist see's the glass half full, The Pessimist see's the glass half empty.
Its the Realist who see's the glass is half full with air, half full with water
Karkadann

Previous

Return to Building